Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

[CMS] How do I backup CMS articles?

I'm sure this is more of a question for vb.org but I'm looking to roll out some articles in advance of our upgrade to vb4 on one site. I'd like to copy/paste those articles but I don't want to do this by hand / I'd prefer to import / export them in some fashion. Is it just a matter of downloading the data in a few tables and reuploading them after the live site is upgraded? User Id's shouldn't change in any of this as we are working off a backup right now.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I do not believe anything has been written about how to do this - you aren't the first one to ask about this. It's a bit more complicated then just exporting the vbcms templates, I think. You may want to look over on vb.org and see if anyone is considering tackling this issue - export then import. Or see if anyone has tried to just export the vbcms tables and then import them into another test site. I worry about how you would also get attachments imported/exported.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...