X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashChristian
    • May 2008

[Forum] SOME Post Icon Image Paths Broke - After Moving Forums to Root

Hello,

I've sucessfully (for the most part) moved my forums to my root directory, and everything seems to be working ok, except for a few broken image paths for post icons (see image below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	broken_images..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	3714721

For some reason, it is including the pre-existing "forums" directory in the image path, hence the path fails to find the images (note that this is not the case with ALL icons, only SOME).

I checked the image paths in the Post Icon Manager, and they are all relative (and correct) from the root directory. I checked the image paths in the Style Variable Editor, they too are relative, correct, and from the root. I checked to make sure that there were no Replacement Variables defined, and there are none.

This is a brand new vB4 upgrade, with only the default style installed, with no template modifications to date. I don't know where in the world these old absolute URL's, or relative URL's with the OLD "forums" directory in the path, are hiding.

Can someone please advise me on how I should trouble shoot and correct this problem?

I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Jeff
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What do you have set in vboptions > site url / etc > forum ulr and homepage url ? Are the post icons that aren't showing ones that you added or part of the default install?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• NashChristian
      • May 2008

I have the homepage url (http://mysite.com) for both. The post icons are the default vB icons. I haven't added any others. I haven't added any styles or graphics at all, or made any template mods.

Thanks for the help.
      Jeff

Comment

• F4Flake
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.6.x

Is this not the 'show default post icon' option in the admincp>option>thread display options....

It should really be a part of the stylevars image paths, but for some reason it's not.

I just got rid of the entry, but it was in fact set asthe default path, nit the one defined in the stylevar.

Check it and change it and I reckon it'll be resolved.

Comment

• NashChristian
          • May 2008

You NAILED it! THANKS!

All fixed!

Jeff

Comment

• F4Flake
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.6.x

I noticed it when I discovered my style wan't using the one I'd created, but still the default in spite of having set the stylevar for image paths.

Anyway, glad I could help.

Comment

• NashChristian
              • May 2008

vB sure does HIDE some stuff! Thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...