Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mudechevy
    • Dec 2009

[CMS] Error after I didn't change anything

This is what I get only on my CMS. It was fine before and now this. What could have caused this without me changing any settings?
    An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later. If this error continues to occur, please notify the administrator.

Home
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are all sections, categories and articles published?

Can you access articles directly through the AdminCP OK?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• mudechevy
      • Dec 2009

When I click the articles through the admincp I get this at the top of the page

swyxcxcgrprm, http://vuleclctkcxx.com/]vuleclctkcxx[/URL], [link=http://nmuvepeudych.com/]nmuvepeudych[/link], http://lepnazxqwcok.com/" />

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

That doesn't look good. Have you checked your access_logs and looked for anything unexpected in there? It almost looks like you were hacked... but only on the CMS part of your site? Weird.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mudechevy
          • Dec 2009

I don't know much about the logs./ I'm a noob. lol But I did see this. Apparently an unregistered user was able to delete something. I know I had all my settings secure.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing on that page. However, if you are getting that text at the top of your pages, then something is not right. You may have to ask your host for help figuring out if you were compromised. Also, look for any strange file in your system - maintenance > diagnostics > suspect file versions

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• mudechevy
              • Dec 2009

This is going to drive me nuts. I tried deleting the article in the database. It looked something like this Click image for larger version

Name:	obsghackdb..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	3678024There were 2 articles that were like this. The front page and this one. I can access the other articles directly, just not through the front page of the site.

I tried rewriting the article and I still get this Click image for larger version

Name:	obsghacksite..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	3678025

I don't see anything out of the ordinary under suspect file versions. I don't have a db backup with the articles as they are fairly new..(yes, I learned my lesson) but I can rewrite the 2 that were deleted if I could figure out how to undo what ever they did.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

I would put in a support ticket and see if support can delete the articles correctly for you.

Comment