Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azbryanw
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] Changing Registration Usergroup

Can someone please point a neophyte in the right direction?

How do I change the usergroup that new registrants get put into????

Thx, Bryan
    My Forum: http://www.financialplanningexchange.com

The first virtual peer to peer study group for financial planners and the financial planning community.
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

You can't change it without a lot of messing around, they always go into the default 'registered' usergroup.

What specifically were you intending to do?

Comment

• azbryanw
      • Dec 2009

change the default registered usergroup. I can easily do this by changing the current "guest" usergroup around and then changing around another usergroup, but that is more tinkering than I wish to do if I don't have to. If can just tell vb to use a different user group as the default that would be easiest! ...is there a way to do that?

The first virtual peer to peer study group for financial planners and the financial planning community.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

There's no way to do this without modifying the code.

You will need to create new groups to do this.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• leeman
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.8.x

Why don't you just rename the default group?
          My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
          which exploded .............

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
            • May 2007
            • 3.6.x

This really should be a built-in option within the software. It'd be easier to change a dropdown option than to fangle around with changing usergroup names and such.
            s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• azbryanw
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
              This really should be a built-in option within the software. It'd be easier to change a dropdown option than to fangle around with changing usergroup names and such.
              Agree

Comment

• azbryanw
                • Dec 2009

Well what I ended up doing was renaming the default usergroup, and creating a promotion so that if the user in the default usergroup posts an intro they get a 30 day trial membership. Then after 30 days if they haven't subscribed they get kicked into a trial membership timeout status.

I think this works for me for now, but a pulldown on which usergroup is default would be helpful.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...