How do I retain old graphics, color themes, etc. when updating......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent Roberson
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] How do I retain old graphics, color themes, etc. when updating......

I have been through several upgrades over the past few years including last week whe I updated the forum to 3.8.4. Throughoout all upgrades, color themes, header logos, etc. were always maintained.

This evening before upgrading to 4.01, I read through the ReadMe file that came with the download and specifically, "Upgrading to 4.01 from 3.8.4. If there was a warning somewhere along the way about loosing all themes and colors, I sure missed it.

If there is a way I should have gone through the steps, please advise where I might find it. And, assuming the new 4.01 allows keeping old themes and colors, I can always run my back ups to replace the software and database to the 3.8.4 version.

I would appreciate some suggestions.

Thank you.

Trent Roberson
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

vB3 styles are not compatible with vB4 due to new template syntax and other changes to the way that pages are built.

You will need to recreate them from scratch or download a new vB4 compatible style from a 3rd party
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trent Roberson
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

I am running a test site for VB4 for the purpose of reinventing the wheel since templates/styles/graphics won't come over from 3.84. I have done some searches for 34d Party sources to find something compatible with VB4 but I am coming up empty except for ones done in pitch black or dark blue.

Any suggested sites I might try to find suitable template options for VB4?

Thank you.

Trent Roberson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...