• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Desibabu19
    • Feb 2006

[Forum] Just Upgraded - Links to Forums are not working

I just upgraded to 4.0.1.

My main index page for all forums :

Return To India: r2iclubforums.com is a well known portal that offers information and services to Non Resident Indians worldwide with a focus on returning to India and settling down comfortably. The forum provides a platform for Indians worldwide to interact and communicate on wide range of topics that include Finance, Investments, Taxes, Dual taxation, Indian Real Estate markets, regional discussions, immigration issues related to Non-Resident Indians. Planning a second home in India? Where and how to invest in Indian real estate? NRI discussion forum on Indian real estate. ...

Links to any of the forums are not working..

I selected Advanced friends URL option.

URL read like this :
    Return To India: r2iclubforums.com is a well known portal that offers information and services to Non Resident Indians worldwide with a focus on returning to India and settling down comfortably. The forum provides a platform for Indians worldwide to interact and communicate on wide range of topics that include Finance, Investments, Taxes, Dual taxation, Indian Real Estate markets, regional discussions, immigration issues related to Non-Resident Indians. Planning a second home in India? Where and how to invest in Indian real estate? NRI discussion forum on Indian real estate. ...

But I get Page not found error. Pls help.
  • doggiebs
    • Sep 2008

do they work when you select Standard URLs or Basic Friendly URLs , if so maybe your server isn't setup to use Advanced Friendly URLs

Comment

• Desibabu19
      • Feb 2006

#2,

I just figured it out. I have vbseo disabled just before the upgrade.
      I deleted the .htaccess file in the "forums" directory. It solved the forum display.

I changed the title logo to display our website logo. For some reason the home page and blog pages are not picking up this image.
      But forum pages are showing the title. Is the title image need to be changed in more than one place ?

What is the stylevar that need to be changed to display in blog and CMS page?

Comment

• doggiebs
        • Sep 2008

i have just tried it myself, i created a test style and changed the logo, then what I did is go into (acp>settings>options>Style & Language Settings) and changed the setting Default Style to my new style, that changed my forums and blogs and cms to the new logo.

if your cms still isn't playing ball, try editing your home page user side (click on the pencil, hover near the homepage name) and under the heading Section Information and change the style combo box to your style.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...