Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arg617
    • Jan 2010

[CMS] How do I get straight to my site?

I've searched but can't figure out how to get straight to my website using vBulletin.

My site is www.dobforum.com

That takes me to an "Index of" page. I really want it to take me straight to what clicking on "forums" takes me to, the CMS(?).

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this so the results my searches have taken me to are a bit too technical and seem to make certain assumptions about what should be common knowledge.

Can someone please post an easy to follow step-by-step on how to get straight to the CMS when typing in just the domain in the address bar?

Thank you!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

That is an issue you need to fix via htaccess or your httpd.conf file. You may need to talk to your host about this.

You could create an index.php page to redirect to /forums/forum.php or you could also just not have all your vbulletin files in the /forums folder and instead add them to your root. Is there a reason you have them all in the /forums folder and not the root?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• arg617
      • Jan 2010

I'm not really sure why I have them all in the /forums folder. I thought I was just following along with the directions.

Are you saying that I can remove all the files from the "forums" folder and just dump them into the public directory?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

A lot of people just put them all in the root folder. I know that it isn't that way here or over at vb.org, but it is pretty common. Most users who don't do it that way do it because they have other plans for the root folder.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• arg617
          • Jan 2010

OK. I just reinstalled vBulletin into the root directory but now have another issue. If you go to my site now it seems like all the formatting has been lost. Now what????

Comment

• S1OPP
            • Jul 2005

In AdminCP check your forum path is correct

Comment

• arg617
              • Jan 2010

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...