Banned from my own forum (until I login in via Home page).

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neiledmonds
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] Banned from my own forum (until I login in via Home page).

I have used previous versions of VB and have had no major problems and once again I thought the installation of this version was just as simple and it looks very nice.

The problem I have is I am the ONLY admin and the only one with full permissions BUT if I go to my website I get the following error:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I then have to login again and although it says still banned I then get the admin option at bottom of the page and I can then login to C panel and then through c panel I can then view forum but it seems a bit stupid to have to go this way.

I have checked permissions and forum rules and all seems ok.

I have also checked on here for a solution but could not find one.

Cheers
    Neil
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Check the settings in Forum Manager > Unregistered usergroup and make sure "This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group" is set to Yes. Check that same option for all your usergroups. It should be set to Yes if you do NOT want the usergroup to be banned.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Neiledmonds
      • Feb 2010

Hi Lynne,
      Thanks for your comments,that has stopped the "Banned" but now I get:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
      2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Any ideas

Cheers

Neil

Comment

• Bo Peep
        • Jan 2008
        • 4.0.x

Loads of my members get this message, so if anyone knows how to fix the problem, I would love to hear it.
        British Genealogy.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Check your usergroup manager again and make sure "Can View Forum" is set to Yes. If it is set to Yes there, then also check Forum Permissions > select the forum > select the usergroup > check that same permission.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Super Cat
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.X

That was a problem I found sometime ago. How it got switched, I never knew.
            Originally posted by Lynne
            Check your usergroup manager again and make sure "Can View Forum" is set to Yes. If it is set to Yes there, then also check Forum Permissions > select the forum > select the usergroup > check that same permission.

Comment

• ALFARiS
              • Apr 2005
              • 4.0.x

Make sure that you've "checked" the [Remember Me?] checkbox when you log in. It could be the reason why!
              Hallelujah!

Comment

• Neiledmonds
                • Feb 2010

Hi I have done all thew checks and when I try and log in it says thankyou for logging in but then asks me to log in again,If I then go to the home page I am seen as logged in.......

As for having to be remembered on a pc.... Alfaris that is not good info when you are an Admin.

Neil

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Can you browse your site from both www.yoursite.com and yoursite.com? My guess is you don't have the cookie set properly to allow that. The domain should be .yoursite.com (note the dot in front of the domain name). Personally, I would use htaccess or your php config to set your site up to only use one of those domains.

Comment