Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zomega
    • Apr 2006

[CMS] Sections and Home Page

How would I make it so that a particular section's articles didn't show up on the front page?
    sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.
  • DCX000
    • Nov 2009

You probably don't stop this if you are using the newest first setting. See this thread and notice post #88 where I asked the same question. Hoping this will be addressed in 4.0.2.

From Edwin Brown
    Some of the fixes in 4.02 will give you more options, and I should be able to get this fix into 4.02. Specifically you should be able to hide articles from the section display not just sections from the widget.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

There is the option in the Section to "Display Content from Sub-Sections" and if you don't click it, you won't get articles showing on that page from any of the sub-sections. You can also select Display Order as Manual and choose which articles are displayed on the front page.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• zomega
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Lynne
        There is the option in the Section to "Display Content from Sub-Sections" and if you don't click it, you won't get articles showing on that page from any of the sub-sections. You can also select Display Order as Manual and choose which articles are displayed on the front page.
        Well I want the articles from my other sections to display on the front page, I just don't want articles in one section to display on the front page.
        sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by zomega
          Well I want the articles from my other sections to display on the front page, I just don't want articles in one section to display on the front page.
          That is not currently an option. You may make a suggestion that it be an option by posting a thread in the Suggestions forum.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• DCX000
            • Nov 2009

Edwin Brown hinted that this feature is already coming in 4.0.2. See post #2.

Waiting for the same thing here.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DCX000
              Edwin Brown hinted that this feature is already coming in 4.0.2. See post #2.

Waiting for the same thing here.
              The new option is Display Content and you may choose either "This Section Only " or "Include Sub-Sections". I think what you want is the option to not display this section in parent sections, so kinda the opposite of what the new option is.

Comment

• DCX000
                • Nov 2009

Isn't that the option we have in 4.0.1 Lynne? Which may be what you mean by new. You are right about what we both want, not to display content in parent sections, or something to that effect. I was under the impression that would be available in 4.0.2.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5.5.x

There is another option in 4.02- "manual only". That will let you select whatever content you want from any section/subsections and display only those, and still get pagination.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...