X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashley76
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Article New Article question

Is there any way to change the way new CMS articles appear on the forum? They all say Article: New Article... Why can't they give the title of the article instead of New Article. I try and post about 5-6 articles a day and when people Click the "What's New" button they get a bunch of Article:New Article threads...
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

That comes from the Article title. When you click the "New Article" it creates a blank with that title. Then you edit to put in the proper text. Please make sure your articles have proper titles and seo url's. Oh.. and of course make sure you're on the latest version, currently 4.01.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• ashley76
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.8.x

Yes I am on 4.01 and I do give my articles proper titles and seo url's...

You can check out my CMS at http://www.bzzurkk.com to see that they have proper titles...

Comment

• Harv
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ashley76

You can check out my CMS at http://www.bzzurkk.com to see that they have proper titles...
        I have this exact same error - I was hoping it would be resolved in 4.02. As it is, I have to go to VBCms Articles and edit the thread and add the title to it - otherwise "latest posts" and "whats new" is filled with "Article: New Article" posts with no way to tell what they are about.

Edit: It appears this will be fixed in 4.02
        Last edited by Harv; Mon 1 Feb '10, 12:20pm.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

I'd like to understand what's happening. I'm on your site at the moment. Feel free to PM me if there's a way I can see when it's broken.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• lifanovsky
            • Oct 2004

Have the same bug. Hopefully will change in 4.02...
            Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

• ismael33
              • Jan 2010

same bug

Comment

• GuitarsCanada
                • Jan 2006

This is a problem I have as well. Sometimes it will show the proper title sometimes it will just say New Article. I do the same thing each time but it is 50/50 as to whether it will show the actual title or not.

Comment

• ashley76
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Here is what I have found that fixes it. It takes a few extra clicks though. Make sure comments is NOT enabled. After creating your article with comments not enabled, click apply. After the page reloads enable comments and click save. Then it will create the correct name for the forum...

Comment

• Ferrari27
                    • Jan 2010

Here is what I have found that fixes it. It takes a few extra clicks though. Make sure comments is NOT enabled. After creating your article with comments not enabled, click apply. After the page reloads enable comments and click save. Then it will create the correct name for the forum...
                    Thanks, you should raise this as a bug as well

Comment

• ashley76
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3.8.x

Edwin is aware of the problem and helped out a great deal!

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 5.5.x

I have never been able to reproduce the issue. I have a code change that I think will fix it, but since I can't reproduce the bug....

Anyway, if someone wants to experiment with the fix PM me. If not, the short-term workaround is to save the article unpublished, then click the pencil to edit, set to published, and save again.

Comment