X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndL
    • Oct 2007

[CMS] Grid creation

let me explain what i am asking for.

i have created a grid, using a SECOND HEADER, SIDEBAR 240px and 2 colums 75/25. but it is not the thing what i want.

Could someone provide me a code of grid which is a bit different from what i typed above, but also it would be very easy to code and i dont know html language. i add a picture of the layout i want.

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I actually played with this this morning. I got a layout like this in my layout manager:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	test_grid_layout.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	3677846

However, that isn't anything like what I get in the Section I applied the layout to. Unfortunately, for some odd reason, the section is using vbcms_grid_15 is the layout, which has only 3 columns, instead of my custom flatten grid (which started out as 4 columns and still has 4 columns!).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	test_grid_layout2.png
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	3677847

So, I'm gonna write something up in the bug tracker or go see if it's already in there first.
    Last edited by Lynne; Wed 27 Jan '10, 10:12am.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ndL
      • Oct 2007

could you post the code which appears when you choose "FLATTEN GRID" i need that code... i tried to make myself one, but i failed...

I just need the same as you did for your own!

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It's in the bug report - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=34830 - however, it will do you no good if you read what the bug report is all about. (Unless it's a new install? I can't figure out when it works and when it doesn't.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• ndL
          • Oct 2007

what you did Lynne is definetely what i need now to finish my cms and get it working as i want. could you provide the html flattened code and the settings if you need them when creating a new grid

edit: sorry for posting nonsense post, as it considered to be a bug, i posted the same second as you did

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

OK, I just added to my bug report. What seems to be happening is when you change the grid in the grid manager, it is changing the template in the MASTER STYLE but not in the child styles (at least, not on my upgraded board - it is on my 'new' board). So, you could take the grid code and paste it into the correct template if you get the template name from the page source (do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code). I *think* that will fix this issue temporarily until the really fix the main problem here.

Comment

• ndL
              • Oct 2007

doesnt work, i creat a new grid, it creats a new template and i paste this code there:
              nothing changes
              Code:
              <div id="doc3" class="yui-tvb-r3">
                 <div id="yui-main">
                      <div id="hd" class="yui-b">
                          <div>
                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column1">$column[1]</ul>
                          </div>
                      </div>
                      <div id="hd2" class="yui-b">
                          <div>
                              <div>
                                  <div class="yui-ge">
                                      <div class="yui-u first yui-panel">
                                          <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column2">$column[2]</ul>
                                      </div>
                                      <div class="yui-u yui-panel">
                                          <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column3">$column[3]</ul>
                                      </div>
                                  </div>
                              </div>
                          </div>
                      </div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="yui-b">
                      <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column4">$column[4]</ul>
                  </div>
              </div>

Comment

• ndL
                • Oct 2007

it worked, but the exact grid layout (manager) does not show what how it should be.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Put it in both places. Go and edit the grid and put in the correct code so that the MASTER STYLE changes (important for when they finally fix this!). Then, if the grid isn't getting changed in your style (as my bug report says it won't), then go edit the template and copy what is in the MASTER STYLE template into your style template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aleksander
                    • Jun 2007

Hi Lynne there's a way to to something like on my attachment?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by aleksander
                      Hi Lynne there's a way to to something like on my attachment?
                      I don't know what you are asking. If you are asking if you can make a grid like your image, then yes, I am sure you could. It just looks like two main divs each divided into more divs. Really not too complicated. But, I don't know of anyone who has posted one like that to share, so I think you will have to do it yourself.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aleksander
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
                        I don't know what you are asking. If you are asking if you can make a grid like your image, then yes, I am sure you could. It just looks like two main divs each divided into more divs. Really not too complicated. But, I don't know of anyone who has posted one like that to share, so I think you will have to do it yourself.
                        I'll try using yours as template. Let you know tomorrow

Comment

• Thraxus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                          OK, I just added to my bug report. What seems to be happening is when you change the grid in the grid manager, it is changing the template in the MASTER STYLE but not in the child styles (at least, not on my upgraded board - it is on my 'new' board). So, you could take the grid code and paste it into the correct template if you get the template name from the page source (do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code). I *think* that will fix this issue temporarily until the really fix the main problem here.
                          I can confirm this fix as still working. I am also experiencing the same issues with my grid layout on a fresh install of the 4.0.2 Suite. Following these steps did resolve the issue, however, this needs to be repeated every time the grid is changed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...