Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cew9709
    • Jan 2010

[Forum] Problems placing Ads from Google Ad Manager

I am trying to place banners on my forum from Google Ad Manager. However, the problem is that Google Ad Manager requires you to place a code in '<head>' section of the page displaying the ad. How and/or where to I place that code so that it displays the ads? The Manage Ads section in the control panel does not show me where I would do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

why not just use the built in ad_locations
    have you tried that?
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• cew9709
      • Jan 2010

Not sure what you mean. I went to the control panel and used the ad manager to try and place the ads in the pre-determined areas that they have. However, when I place my code in there, nothing shows up and I believe the reason is that Google Ad manager requires you to, along with placing the code in the desired location, also place a code in the '<head>' section of the page it will be appearing on.

Comment

• Videx
        • Jan 2007

I doubt it. I dunno about Google Ad Manager, but my Google adsense is showing up just fine in the built in places. For my regular user account anyway. My admin account doesn't see them, I'm not sure why. Maybe that's by someone's design.

Comment

• kontrabass
          • Jul 2000
          • 3.6.x

You must put the GAM header code into the "headinclude" template. So dump the code
          "
          <script type='text/javascript' src='http://partner.googleadservices.com/gampad/google_service.js'>
          </script>
          <script type='text/javascript'>
          GS_googleAddAdSenseService
          "
          etc etc

into headinclude, at the bottom of the template.

Comment