X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] "Find all Posts by" is incorrect

"Find all Posts by" is incorrect. It's only showing the posts made after upgrading to 4.0.1

Is there is a fix for this?

• Videx
    • Jan 2007

I had to rebuild my search index after the upgrade. I emptied it while I was at it. It seems fine now.

Comment

• Bob_R
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Videx
      I had to rebuild my search index after the upgrade. I emptied it while I was at it. It seems fine now.
      Is there any downside to this? Or, will I simply just get all the posts listed under "Find all Posts By".

If it's the simple I'll do it. If problems will/can occur it's not the biggest problem with vB 4.0.1 IMO.

Comment

• Videx
        • Jan 2007

The only downside is that it can take forever on a large board. It's cleverly programmed to only process a few posts at a time so it (hopefully) doesn't time out, but mine was still running when I went to bed that night. Of course, because of the server load you want to do it late at night.

Comment

• Birute
          • Nov 2008
          • 3.7.x

How do you do this... rebuild your search indexes?

Comment

• Videx
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Birute
            How do you do this... rebuild your search indexes?
            AdminCP>Maintenance>Update Counters. You have the option to empty the search index first, which I did. You should probably also set all search options first in Settings>Options>Message Searching Options (2 places).

Comment

• Birute
              • Nov 2008
              • 3.7.x

Thanks Videx.
              What in the Searching Options would need to be set?

Comment

• Videx
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Birute
                Thanks Videx.
                What in the Searching Options would need to be set?
                I'm no expert, but I would think you would want to at least set the word length and the included words. i.e., if you leave the word length at 4, then you will want to add some three letter words like cat, dog, url, etc. In fact, if you find a good list of short words let me know. Here's mine (for a small community forum):
                vb vbb php sql cat dog cop atv map tax cpa mcc ip os doh dmv

Comment

• Birute
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Thanks Videx,
                  I did the Rebuild Search Index but it only restored up to 500 posts in the Find all posts. Not the total posts by a member say with 1238 posts. I don't see any setting to change the rebuild option so all 1238 posts would be found.

Comment

• Videx
                    • Jan 2007

I don't know. I just tried it with a 6,554 post member and got 440 posts going back to 9/09. Maybe it's some sort of archive thing, or a built in timeout to keep the server from locking up. I bet if you do some diligent searching around here you can find a good explanation. Come back and let us know.

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

When you click on Find All Posts, it will only show up to the number set in vboptions > message searching options > max search results to return

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Birute
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3.7.x

I set the options to 1500 and it now works, thanks Lynne!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...