X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • socceronly
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Search for moderated posts?

Akismet, I think it is akismet, is catching spam and changing the posts to Moderated.

Is there any way to search for these so you can just whack them all at once?

I have tried to search for Moderated in the post titles, but nothing comes up.

Is this a bug, or does search exclude moderated posts?

Thanks,
    JM
    Hmmm. Cheese.
  • deswithat
    • Jan 2010

secondly need to know

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

Access your ACP - and you are presented with a blue (or silver, depending on your style choice) box filled with information about your site, telling you about the server type, php version, mysql and so on.

Look in that blue box and on the right side you'll see a list of moderation queues.

Members to moderate / threads / posts / attachments / etc.

If there is 1 or more of a (thread, post, etc.) to moderate the number will be a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink and it will take you to the moderation panel - from where you can submit or deny all moderated content.
      VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• karlm
        • Jun 2006
        • 5.3.x

you're welcome
        VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
        No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• deswithat
          • Jan 2010

Yes, i know to moderate via control panel ... i want to search moderate post with front end forum
          eg: hxxp://domain.com/forum/search.php?do=process&titleonly=0&searchdate=30&order=descending&sortorder=descending

Comment

• NBSFlak
            • Oct 2005

Sorry for the bump, has this ever been implemented? Doing it through the admin CP is ponderous.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

There is no option for that. The only available options are through the Admin CP and your user Settings page.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• NBSFlak
                • Oct 2005

Not sure how hard it would be, but it would be great to have the option to search for all moderated posts so you can check off the ones that are bad and ban the users in one fell swoop. The spam that needs moderated has been pretty bad since recaptcha was hacked.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

If you are an admin, you can get a list of them in the frontend in Settings > Moderated Items > Threads/Posts/whatever. You can sort them, but there is no option to search them from that page.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Boofo
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 4.1.x

I just had a new member make a post and it was automatically set to a moderated thread. The user is legit and it isn't spam. What would cause that?
                    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

When that happens on my forums, it's because of Akismet.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Boofo
                        • Apr 2002
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        When that happens on my forums, it's because of Akismet.
                        Thanks, Steve. It turned out to be exactly that. The user posted a pic of himself via a link.
                        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

I have a Marketplace section on my forums and it seems that Akismet moderates about a quarter of those posts.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Boofo
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 4.1.x

Doesn't that get annoying? Is there a way to find out what the criteria Akismet uses is?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

In order to be effective, the criteria has to be hidden, otherwise spammers would now what exactly they need to do to get around it. The only real control you have is this setting: Spam Scanning Post Threshold

Steve Machol Photography

Comment