Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biirds
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Why doesn't Swedish å, ä ö work?

When you write swedish text, which contains å, ä, ö it looks like ä, for example Välkommen, looks like:
    Välkommen. This is only when you choose to have the English (UK) language in the language chooser. When I use the Swedish language in the language chooser it looks like it should. Is there a solution for this?
    One other thing, is it possible to translate my forums in Swedish? For instance, if I create a Forum called: My forum, how do I translate that. I can't find a translate button for that. Can you search for that phrase?

Cheers!
  • biirds
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.0.x

Someone?

Comment

• maipoman
      • Sep 2004

Check your settings for the language file. If your document coding is UTF-8, then you will get these "ä" instead of "ä". But if you set it to ISO-8859-1, it will display correctly. It does for me on my Swedish board anyway.

Comment

• biirds
        • Aug 2009
        • 4.0.x

Thank you maipoman! It did work.

Does anyone know how to find different phrases in the forum. Let's say for example that I owned the vBulletin forum and wanted to translate the different forums in other languages. This forum is called "vBulletin 4, Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting". How should I do to translate that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...