Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molieman
    • Nov 2006

[Forum] I've Lost 1/3 of my Members signing in Since vB4.01 update

Is this a coincidence or what???? and I can't figure out why. I've been scratching my head trying to figure this out, I keep telling myself it can't have anything to do vB, but, on the 13th I updated, and that's the day it dropped like a rock.

It's not only the Members signing in that I've lost, but, when looking at my site stats, that's reduced by 1/3. I'm not talking about over days, I'm talking about overnight.

Anybody else experience this, or any ideas or thoughts regarding this?

Thanks,
    Matt Olieman
    mycockpit.org
  • oddmud
    • Oct 2009

Scary! Considering you have 7700+ members. You haven't lost your members, you mean you've lost your traffic right? Can you look at Analytics and see where the drop off is coming from? Is it direct traffic? Is it referral traffic? Is it a certain link they previously logged in to no longer there? Bounce rate? Analytics should tell you where the biggest drop off occurs, then you would get a better idea where to look.
    Jason Craig – Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Hi Matt,

Your site looks very nice. The colors and other details make it look great. One thing my members complained about were the shadows. For example on the forumhome and forumdisplay pages. They complained of nausea when scrolling. It's really easy to loose the shadow if you want, I can provide the two line css modification if interested.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Didn't you close the forum to perform the upgrade? The stats for that day will definitely be off because the forum was closed.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• molieman
          • Nov 2006

oddmud, thanks for your response.

No, I don't think we lost members, they're just not logging in. Statisticly, everything went down, right across the board. Can't find anything particular. Unfortunately we don't have any other sites we're hosting on the same server to compare with, just in case it's a firewall issue. But again, strange, it happened the same day as of the update. I'm at a loss.

Lynn, yes the upgrade was on Jan 8, and showed no loss. The update on the 13. For the upgrade I was down one hour and just opened with my forum. The update, I was down less then 10 minutes..... what ever it was, it didn't take long.
          Last edited by molieman; Sun 17 Jan '10, 9:40am.

Comment

• PamelaE
            • Feb 2005

On this post why is Moliemans post all to the left and not going across?

Sorry I know its not the thread to ask on but I have the same issue on my forum.

Comment

• molieman
              • Nov 2006

I don't see it just to the left, it goes all the way across for me. (using Chrome).

Comment

• PamelaE
                • Feb 2005

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum I've Lost 1-3 of my Members signing in Since vB4.01 update_1263754906616.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	3677720

Thats what I see.

Comment

• Kefallon
                  • May 2008

Are you sure they can login had problems when i upgraded with significant number of people unable to login..

Comment

• PamelaE
                    • Feb 2005

But that wouldnt impact general traffic. People would email in or get their friends who can post to raise the issue.

Comment

• Andy
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by PamelaE

Sorry I know its not the thread to ask on but I have the same issue on my forum.
                      Please start a new thread and describe the problem exactly.

Comment

• molieman
                        • Nov 2006

I've received several e-mails through "Contact Us" not related to this, so I know that works.

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Andy
                          Please start a new thread and describe the problem exactly.
                          Actually, try a search first because this has been posted about a LOT and the solution is already posted in several threads.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• oddmud
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PamelaE

There's an issue in the upgrade for this, it's on the first and last post of the thread. There is already a fix in place posted on another thread.

Jason Craig – Partner
                            Wet Coast Sports LTD
                            Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

• xsquid
                              • Oct 2009

I thought it was just me, my registered members visiting is also down about a third, have been watching closely every day. There is a segment that just hates this new version

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...