X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slcousin
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
    What's your setting in AdminCP > Options > Settings > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain?
    Mine are all defaults, as they were before I upgraded from 3.8.1

Comment

• Dankebud
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

I had this problem as well. What I found out thou is that if people has http://sitename.com as there bookmark but the board settings were http://www.sitename.com there would not be able to login. However, when a few of us used the site default it showed us logged in. Not sure if this points to a cookie issue, since a few of us cleared cookies prior with no luck.

Comment

• MrChuck
        • Feb 2004

Yes that is the correct location Trevor. The name of my forum is forums. The name of my web forums is www.marinechat.com What I did was what it indicated to do in the Help file. I changed the path of Save Cookies from the susggested Settings of root "/" to /forums/

Then in the Cookie Domain I changed to Custom Settings by clecking the box to use Custom settings (Specify Below) and added .marinechat.com By doing this everyone coming to the forums, now matter what URL they came from was able to get in and have their user name and password cookies saved. Now when they go from thread to thread they are not losing their cookies and having to re-log in again. I go by what ever works and that does work for me.

Comment

• slcousin
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Dankebud
          I had this problem as well. What I found out thou is that if people has http://sitename.com as there bookmark but the board settings were http://www.sitename.com there would not be able to login. However, when a few of us used the site default it showed us logged in. Not sure if this points to a cookie issue, since a few of us cleared cookies prior with no luck.
          Thats worked for a few users, me included !

Comment

• iMatt
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            What's your setting in AdminCP > Options > Settings > Cookies and HTTP Header Options > Cookie Domain?
            It was blank, I have just changed it to .bblogic.com, will this resolve the issue?

Edit: Just tested and it dosent work for me. I even changed the cookie prefix again.
            Last edited by iMatt; Tue 19 Jan '10, 5:19pm.
            sigpic
            - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

• MrChuck
              • Feb 2004

You will have to check with some of the members on your board to see if it worked. But as I said, it worked for me.

Comment

• maximutt
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.0.x

Users are also reporting the same issue on my site. Just tried changing cookie prefix again to see if it will help.

Comment

• iMatt
                  • Feb 2009

When can we expect a fix for this problem? This is unacceptable.
                  sigpic
                  - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

• MrChuck
                    • Feb 2004

iMatt.. you guess is just as good as our guesses.. in the mean time while we are waiting for a "FIX" what do we do? We have to do something to get our boards working as best we can. I really think they are reading these threads and will take the fixes that we come up with and put them in there next software update.. That would be a very easy and cheap way to do things.

If I ran my business like this, I of course would be out of business. For the past number of years my company and I have been paying 100% of the expenses and we do not allow advertisers on our forums.. I am a retired Marine .. and I want to give all other Marines a place they can come to and talk to other Marines in private.. so I offer them private forums.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Anyone having an issue start a ticket, esp if the advised fixed didn't work.

Comment

• iMatt
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                        Anyone having an issue start a ticket, esp if the advised fixed didn't work.
                        Open a ticket and say what? exactly what we have already said in this thread? only to be told to try the exact same things that you have posted?

I don't see how that would help the situation.
                        sigpic

Comment

• iMatt
                          • Feb 2009

Why is my site flicking between www.bblogic.com and bblogic.com in the first place? Its only started happening since v4.0.1 and nothing else has changed. Perhaps if that was fixed my users wouldn't keep getting logged out while browsing my forums?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

You open a ticket, provide me with a login/etc so I can check out whats going on and give you an exact anwser.

Not sure, what is your forum url set to? Do you have a redirect setup?

Comment

• iMatt
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                              You open a ticket, provide me with a login/etc so I can check out whats going on and give you an exact anwser.

Not sure, what is your forum url set to? Do you have a redirect setup?
                              Forum URL is www.bblogic.com, No redirects in place. It has been this way since vB3 and only started having issue since 4.0.1 as I mentioned.

It appears to be happening at random, sometimes when you are selecting a thread or forum it just changes the URL to bblogic.com, and that's when the user is logged out, however if you click on another forum or thread it changes back to www.bblogic.com and then you are logged back in, its strange behaviour.
                              sigpic

Comment

• forexjoker
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Settings->Options->Cookies and HTTP Header Options ->Cookie Domain (This option sets the domain on which the cookie is active.)Suggested Settings(Blank)-> change to yourdomain.com
                                Make sure that you clean your cookies after that. Hope that would help. If not let me know.
                                Latest International News,
                                Interviews and Articles,
                                Foreign News Translations.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...