Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sifuhall
    • May 2001

[Forum] Upgraded to 4.0.1 and css is missing

I just upgraded to 4.0.1 and reverted my templates that needed it and now it appears my css is missing?

I have verified my changes are still in the stylevars, but the pages seem to be missing the main css.

Any ideas?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Turn off "Save CSS as Files" and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, than turn it back on so the files get rebuilt.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sifuhall
      • May 2001

Thanks, Wayne.

Turning that off did indeed fix it. However turning it back on breaks it again.

Comment

• Al Zander
        • Aug 2001

See if your problem is same as Reeve's:

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        clientscript directory was not writeable... fixed that, saved a change in the Style Variable Editor, and that fixed things up

Comment

• sifuhall
          • May 2001

I did chmod -R 777 clientscript then saved a change in the style var editor but when I change my setting back to use css as a file it still does not work.

However, when I view the files in my clientscript/vbulletin_css I can see they are writeable (777) as is the directory, but the date on the files is before the upgrade so something is preventing vbulletin from writing to these files.

I'm not sure where the problem could be.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If you are using a hardened Apache or PHP, you need to make sure the directory and its contents is owned by the webserver user and belongs to the webserver user's group.

Could you turn on CSS as files and post the source code output for including the CSS off of a page?
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 13 Jan '10, 7:44am.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• luichi
              • Oct 2007

I have the same problem (My Clientscript/Vbulletin_css directory is set to 755) , look what it says:

Updating style information for each style...
              • vB4 Default Style ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls)
                Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/admin/domains/forojuegos.org/public_html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 764
                Failed to write css files. Please make sure that the directory 'clientscript/vbulletin_css' is writable.Done.
              Last edited by luichi; Wed 13 Jan '10, 2:19pm.

Comment

• luichi
                • Oct 2007

It looks like I fixed it.
                How? I just changed ftp permission (CHMOD) of 'clientscript/vbulletin_css' from 755 to 777
                Do I did good? or it can be a security risk?

Thanks

Comment

• sifuhall
                  • May 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  If you are using a hardened Apache or PHP, you need to make sure the directory and its contents is owned by the webserver user and belongs to the webserver user's group.

Could you turn on CSS as files and post the source code output for including the CSS off of a page?
                  Thanks, Wayne, but I changed the owners to nobody and had the same issue.

Also, I do not get the error message the luichi gets. As far as vbulletin knows it is updating the stylevars correctly.

Here are my css entries when I do not use stylesheets as files (this works):
                  HTML Code:
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.7.0/build/reset-fonts/reset-fonts.css" /> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=4&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263439322&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=vbulletin.css,popupmenu.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,components.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css" /> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=4&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263439322&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits.css,forumhome.css,tagcloud.css" /> 
                  <!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=4&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263439322&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits-ie.css" /><![endif]--> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=4&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263439322&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=additional.css" />
                  And here are my entries when I do use css as files (this does not work):
                  HTML Code:
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.7.0/build/reset-fonts/reset-fonts.css" /> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00004l/vbulletin.css,popupmenu.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,components.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css" /> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00004l/forumhome-rollup.css" /> 
                  <!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00004l/forumbits-ie.css" /><![endif]--> 
                  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00004l/additional.css" />

Comment

• sifuhall
                    • May 2001

OK, after researching another issue I noticed that I had a few templates that had been modified in my parent style (which I never do. I only make changes in the child style, so I have no idea how this happed).

Reverting my default parent theme has fixed this.

Comment

• furst
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by luichi
                      I have the same problem (My Clientscript/Vbulletin_css directory is set to 755) , look what it says:

Updating style information for each style...
                      • vB4 Default Style ... (Templates) (Stylevars) (Replacement Variables) (CSS) (Controls)
                        Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/admin/domains/forojuegos.org/public_html/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 764
                        Failed to write css files. Please make sure that the directory 'clientscript/vbulletin_css' is writable.Done.
                      I got this same error message when upgrading from 3.8.4 to 4.0.2 suite. Now I get the same message whenever I try to create a new style. I have made sure that the clientscipt/vbulletin_css folder is chmodded to 777. It still presents me with the same error.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...