Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailvayu
    • Nov 2009

[CMS] Site crashed What now?

My site went down and I do not know why so far the data bases seem to check out ok. The ticket system for help is taking 6-8 hours per response so at this rate it is looking like it will be days before that does me any good. I was wondering if it would be be easier and fast to just delete the whole thing and do a fresh install. This does mean redoing a few things but I am just trying to get this board going and for new users to see it down for so long right in the beginning is not good. Anybody got na opinion on the best approach? It is a plain board without hardly any mods and no hacks so it is very simple really. just wish I knew what caused the problem. there does seem to be an issue with it still thinking parts are beta? at least i get a error that indicates that is an issue. I am about to do a full delete just wanted a second opinion first

Thanks
    Wayne
  • acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Just re upload the vb files and run the upgrade script.

Comment

• sailvayu
      • Nov 2009

Tried that did not work error changed but it still does not work. I think it is worse now.

Thanks
      Wayne

Comment

• YZFRydn
        • Jun 2009
        • 3.8.x

If it is a new board and you aren't worried about retaining posts, delete all files in home directory, delete your sql database, and recreate everything and do a fresh install of the most up to date version of 4.0.x

Comment

• vivamexico55
          • Mar 2005

What's the exact error you get? If your site went down, but databases are ok, it might be a hosting problem, maybe httpd crashed or some service, and not necessarily vbulletin itself?

Comment

• sailvayu
            • Nov 2009

This was the original error

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.0:

Invalid SQL:
            SELECT node.nodeid , (node.nodeleft = 1) AS isroot, node.contenttypeid, node.contentid, node.url, node.parentnode,
            (CASE WHEN node.contenttypeid = THEN node.styleid ELSE parent.styleid end ) AS styleid, node.userid,
            (CASE WHEN node.contenttypeid = THEN node.layoutid ELSE parent.layoutid end ) AS layoutid,
            node.publishdate, node.setpublish, node.issection, node.permissionsfrom, node.nodeleft, node.noderight,
            node.userid, node.showtitle, node.showuser, node.showpreviewonly, node.lastupdated, node.showall, node.showrating,
            node.showupdated, node.showviewcount, node.showpublishdate, node.settingsforboth, node.includechildren, node.editshowchildren,
            parent.permissionsfrom as parentpermissions, node.publicpreview, node.comments_enabled

FROM cms_node AS node
            LEFT JOIN cms_node AS parent ON parent.nodeid = node.parentnode

WHERE node.nodeid = 1;

I know it says database error but every check i have run indicates there is no problem there. When i re upped the files like the tech guy told me to the error changed . I do not want to post the new on here because it shows my whole dir structure not sure it would be good to post that in public.

i have enough on the board I do not want to lose all that i have a member with a fairly long blog if i lose that I think I will lose a really good member just a bad way to try to get started. I was hoping I could re up just the software and reuse the data files am I wrong about that? I have done a full back up of the corrupt systems so I can go back

i just set pass info to the tech guys so I will wait a bit longer before doing anything, maybe we all can learn from this

Thanks
            Wayne

Comment

• sailvayu
              • Nov 2009

Ok I will say once the tech guys got on it they moved quickly. It is back working. I was worried due to a slow start and in the past response has been slow but admittedly those were low priority issues so I am not complaining. If they can tell me what they think was wrong I will post it so we all can learn

Thanks
              Wayne

Comment

• sailvayu
                • Nov 2009

Ok well they are telling me something must have gone wrong in the last upgrade, which I guess in passable seeing how I installed the last one a few days ago. I was sort of worried about all these upgrades vers a fresh install but next time i will be extra careful and note any errors.

Fair Winds
                Wayne

Comment