Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericgtr
    • Oct 2003

[Forum] Two questions about "What's New" and image posting

When you go to "What's New" it omits your own posts for some reason, is this a known bug?

Is there a way to bypass (or disable) the attachment system when linking to an image through a URL? It is absolutely painful to try and add images to a post this way.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

1 - That has to do with your forum read marking - vboptions > general settings > thread read marking type

2 - I'm not sure what you mean. You want to disable uploading attachments? vboptions > message attachment options > where you set many options... also usergroup manager allows you to set other upload/attachment options

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ericgtr
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Lynne
      1 - That has to do with your forum read marking - vboptions > general settings > thread read marking type

2 - I'm not sure what you mean. You want to disable uploading attachments? vboptions > message attachment options > where you set many options... also usergroup manager allows you to set other upload/attachment options
      1. Thank You

2. For example I would like to link to several different images, so I would put the URL of one through the interface in and then hit the enter key and put in another, and so on. So far (in IE) that is not possible, the image shows up with it's editing options (pencil icon) and when I try to hit enter it tabs the existing image down and even though I have disabled every option in attachment options I can't get around this clunky interface and simply post URL's to images. It's as if they deliberately cripppled what once was a simple function.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...