• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgcsniper
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Creating a new style

Hey guys!

Im trying to create a brand new style, and ive started making new images for new thread, and reply etc... but im a bit stuck... vbulletin doesnt exactly have a great tutorial out there for skinning, and the blogs they made arent really helpful.

This is what ive been working on:

But from there i dont really know where to go... Im not sure how to compile everything into an .xml or what other images i have to create etc... Ive tried using the wave example style vbulletin provided but thats not really helping :P

Could someone help me please??

Thanks,
    http://portal.thetgc.org/
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You won't need to compile everything into an XML file. Take a look at the directory structure for images at the moment, open each folder and see what is included within each.

The easiest way, for me, is to create a new directory within 'images' named after the style you're creating then copy and paste the current images directory into it. Next, upload your new images into the relevant directories (i.e. images/yourstyle/relevant-directory) overwriting the ones in there. Then, upload the 'yourstyle' directory to your webserver, access AdminCP > Styles & Templates > StyleVars (on new style) > Image Paths and point these to your newly uploaded files.

Carry on with changing the various other StyleVars and then, once complete, you can download the style changes in an XML format by going to AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Download/Upload Styles
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• tgcsniper
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Kick ass

Thanks
      http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...