Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailvayu
    • Nov 2009

[CMS] Trouble with articles not showing up with permission preview set

I had wanted the article previews to show up for non reg users but require reg to see the whole thing. Seemed simple enough I made it so the article could only be read by reg users using CMS/Permissions. Then i set permission preview in the articles. Worked great the first time I checked it. Then came back a day later and found the articles were not showing up at all. Hmm clicked refresh and there they were? came back an hour later still there, click refresh and gone. Came back 10 min later and still gone clicked refresh still gone. closed out and came back and there they were? Just random as to when they show up. Anyone else having this? i finally had to give permission back on CMS so I do not have users finding a blank page when coming to the site that is useless they will just go away. Any thought would be nice to require full reg to see the articles to encourage new reg.

Wayne
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

I have not heard this from anyone else. There have been a bunch of fixes in 4.01 including some permissions tweaking, and although none was specifically intended to address this issue it may have been a by-product of something we fixed. Whenever you install 4.01, please test this again. If it isn't fixed, please (1) post a bug report in "projects- vB 4", not just a forum post, and (2) PM me with the issue id so I can take this one on.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• sailvayu
      • Nov 2009

Thanks I'll do that thought I'd check here first to see if it was operator error on my part not that that ever happens

Wayne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...