X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony_FPM
    • Feb 2005

[CMS] Why is this happening with the frontpage

Hi Guys,

i have finished styling my forum and CMS. I work on a resolution of 1920 x and everything is perfect. But people who work on 1024 x has problems with the vimeo widget (the video comes ou of the widgt) and with a you tube movie that comes out of the story line.

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance.,
  • maipoman
    • Sep 2004

I guess it's because the video is bigger than the widget.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

You should not count on people having their browsers set to a certain size when you design a page. You should make the page fluid enough to accommodate all your users. I have my display set at 1920 x 1200, but I only keep my browser open for half of that, so I only see half of the videos.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Tony_FPM
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by maipoman
        I guess it's because the video is bigger than the widget.
        But isnt it changing by itself when you have a other reoslution ?
        In my old forum it worked perfect..

Can i fix this in any way ?

Comment

• setishock
          • Jun 2005
          • 4.2.x

My skinned theme runs fixed while the default out of the box theme runs fluid. On my laptop the default looks fine as it adjusts to meet the smaller resolution. However the skinned fixed ran off the right side of the screen by just a pixel or two.
          To counter act that issue the fixed theme was set to the laptop's native resolution of 1280 wide. I work off of a 32" lcd screen at 1920 x 1080 but I keep in mind my laptop resolution is the lower end boundary and work according to that restraint.
          I would set a minimum resolution that you program for and let your members know this. Or copy your theme to a floating version and offer both.

Edit: I guessimated your forum at roughly 1400px wide. When someone comes in using 1024 it's roughly 400px too wide.
          Last edited by setishock; Fri 8 Jan '10, 4:23pm.

Comment

• NBSFlak
            • Oct 2005

Set the left column to a pixel number wide enough to accommodate the video and not a percentage.

Comment

• Tony_FPM
              • Feb 2005

The column does his work but the video stays as big as in the setting. So is there a option (HTML code) that makes the video go smaller or bigger autom. depending the resolution of the viewer ?

Comment

• Tony_FPM
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by setishock
                My skinned theme runs fixed while the default out of the box theme runs fluid. On my laptop the default looks fine as it adjusts to meet the smaller resolution. However the skinned fixed ran off the right side of the screen by just a pixel or two.
                To counter act that issue the fixed theme was set to the laptop's native resolution of 1280 wide. I work off of a 32" lcd screen at 1920 x 1080 but I keep in mind my laptop resolution is the lower end boundary and work according to that restraint.
                I would set a minimum resolution that you program for and let your members know this. Or copy your theme to a floating version and offer both.

Edit: I guessimated your forum at roughly 1400px wide. When someone comes in using 1024 it's roughly 400px too wide.
                Copy a style to a specific resolution is not a problem. But how can i arrange that people can choose between the 2 frontpages of the CMS.
                So how can i make 2 layouts LIVE..

Thanks in advance..

Comment