Flash code embed not working, just shows white box

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubian
    • Nov 2004

I believe there may be a hack over at vb.org that enables certain usergroups to use html

Comment

• Advisor
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.8.x

If I can enable it. Then how will I use the code or link? Can I just enable html on a user by user basis without a hack?

Comment

• nubian
        • Nov 2004

Unfortunately VB out the box doesn't provide a way to enable html on a usergroup basis.
        You can enable html for everyone but this is highly not recommended as it poses security risks.

Comment

• Advisor
          • Jun 2009
          • 3.8.x

Is there a way to write a similar bb code for the "politico flash" that is similar to the youtube code, that is included when you use the ?

Comment

• nubian
            • Nov 2004

I'm unsure how you would create a custom bbcode specifically for politico video since it pulls externally flashVars such as "videoId=60932634001 in order to play videos.
            Maybe someone at vb.org could figure this out.
            Honestly I think your best bet is to install a html based on usergroups hack which would save a lot of trouble if you're eager of wanting to embed these types of videos.
            And if you were to use such a hack, you really don't need use the full blown code, all you really need are what's inside the embed tags like this:

HTML Code:
            <embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/19407224001?isVid=1&publisherID=1155968404" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=60932634001&playerID=19407224001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

Comment

• Advisor
              • Jun 2009
              • 3.8.x

Nubian! You rock thanks and here is the proof too.

Awesome. Thanks. just pasted in from embed to embed after that! thanks!!!
              Have a good weekend!

Comment

• nubian
                • Nov 2004

Oh don't sweat it!
                I'm glad I've been able to help.
                How are you embedding it?
                Enabled Html? Hack? ???
                Last edited by nubian; Fri 8 Jan '10, 10:12pm.

Comment

• Advisor
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 3.8.x

vb.org hack (Recommended) and then enabled html for the admin usergroup. Then I pasted in the contents from politico embed code but deleted the code before and after <embed> (like you said.
                  BUT, the preview didn't work, once you save it and view it does though. Again Thanks and I hope this string helps someone.

Comment