Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy327
    • May 2009

[Forum] Adding a Home Page to a Forum

I apologize in advance for my noob question. I'm still attempting to learn the in's and out's of vBulletin. I did a search on this topic and could not find anything. If it has already been discussed I would appreciate it if someone could post the link.

Anyways... What I'm trying to do is add a "Home Page" to my forum that will act as a splash page with basically one large image. Is there a way to get the "Home" button in the navbar (much like on this website).

I do not have the CMS version of vBulletin nor do I need it. I simply want an intro home page to my forum. I'd also like the into page to flow with the forum and use the forums header and navbar. Is this at all possible?
  • terryfavors
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Tommy327
    I apologize in advance for my noob question. I'm still attempting to learn the in's and out's of vBulletin. I did a search on this topic and could not find anything. If it has already been discussed I would appreciate it if someone could post the link.

Anyways... What I'm trying to do is add a "Home Page" to my forum that will act as a splash page with basically one large image. Is there a way to get the "Home" button in the navbar (much like on this website).

I do not have the CMS version of vBulletin nor do I need it. I simply want an intro home page to my forum. I'd also like the into page to flow with the forum and use the forums header and navbar. Is this at all possible?
    Check out my landing pages for my forums I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about or not, sites listed below?

Comment

• Tommy327
      • May 2009

Originally posted by terryfavors
      Check out my landing pages for my forums I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about or not, sites listed below?
      Thank you for your response.

That is similar to what I am talking about, but I would like to integrate that into the forum. It would be a button on the navbar much like the button on here that says home. Mine would have Home, Forum, and What's New on the navbar.

If what I am trying to do cannot be done I would like to do a landing page such as the ones you have created.

Comment

• Tommy327
        • May 2009

Bump!

Anyone?

If it's not possible, that's fine. I'd just like to know so I can move on.

Comment

• Tommy327
          • May 2009

I take it this is impossible then. Fair enough.

Comment

• kersti
            • Dec 2005
            • 4.2.X

It shouldn't be impossible, it's just that the levels of support here are reliant n the community - if it's going to take a bit to figure out or to give the answer to you're less likely to get help.

Comment