X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meeja
    • Sep 2008

[CMS] Promoting a post to the CMS - duplication and lack of clarity

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with the vB 4 Publishing Suite over the past few days, and I like what the intention is - when I read first that vBulletin was going down the route of a CMS, I was very excited, but I'm not such if it's achieved in practice, unless i'm doing something wrong?

The Promote to Article function essentially copies that post (and that post online) over to the CMS.

So for example, if a user of my forum posted a great OP, I'd like to transition it over to the CMS - along with the attached comments.

Instead, what's happening is duplication without context, which is very disappointing.

Perhaps the CMS articles need to be forum blogs tagged as published on CMS (with that data associated with it).

Otherwise, the Promote to Article features isn't of much use.

I heavily hacked vBadvanced, so that I could feature the first post of a forum thread as a featured headline/article. And it really (really!) worked great - I sort of hoped that's what the CMS would do, but alas, I'm not sure if that's the case.

Does anyone have any other thoughts? And are there any plans to evolve the CMS?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...