X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjpp
    • Dec 2009

[CMS] Big gallery

Hi!

I need to make about 100 galleries with about 300-400 photos on each. I need some addon/script to make it for me on vBulletin suite? Will be perfect if I can upload phots via ftp and then on site make from them gallery. Any recomendation?

Thank You
    Krzysiek
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Comment

• RadioErewan
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.8.x

Do not recommend Photopost. CPG is free, powerful and robust. It has built-in bridge and will work with vB4 also. You will have to develop skin similar to vB's but it is only small problem comparing to odd behaviours of Photopost.
      You can upload files via FTP and transfer it automatically to CPG.

Comment

• S1OPP
        • Jul 2005

I have been using Photopost vBgallery for years, but it's not ready for vB4 yet, Photopost Pro is, but as with Coppermine the integration into vB is lacking compared to vBgallery.

Personally I'm waiting for vBgallery.

Do some googling and work out which set of features suits your needs best.

Of course, this all assumes that the IB team aren't working away on more features for the existing Albums, which would make the add-on software redundant, but something tells me it's not high on their list of things to do.

Comment

• RadioErewan
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by S1OPP
          I have been using Photopost vBgallery for years, but it's not ready for vB4 yet, Photopost Pro is, but as with Coppermine the integration into vB is lacking compared to vBgallery.

Personally I'm waiting for vBgallery.
          Read what developer at Photopost said. They have to rewrite it completely from scratch. It will be ready for vB5 or later.

Comment

• S1OPP
            • Jul 2005

I read what info the support forums had posted on them, vBGallery Beta in January.

I can't speak for others, but for me it will be what I need and worth waiting for, until then my users will have to make do with the Albums of vB4

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by RadioErewan
              Read what developer at Photopost said. They have to rewrite it completely from scratch. It will be ready for vB5 or later.
              They need to rewrite the templates and some other things but not all completly from scratch. Nobody from pp said it will be ready for vb5 or later.

Comment

• kjpp
                • Dec 2009

Thanks for answers. So, I need wait. Maybe vBulletin Tema make some gallery module for his CMS.

Comment

• DanaSoft
                  • Oct 2003

I'm not sure where you are getting that information from; but while the code does require a significant amount of work with the new vB4 framework, we are close to a BETA that people can work with.

Comment

• RadioErewan
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 3.8.x

One and half month later... Still no vBGallery.

Comment

• ViktorDA
                      • Jan 2009

One and half month later... Still no vBGallery.
                      Already have PhotoPost vBGallery v3.0 BETA 2 for vB4. And well enough and steadily working!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...