Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petermclane
    • Dec 2009

[Forum] styles... where are they?

So I've of course find my way to the long list of style editing options but I cant figure out which one would actually control the background color, font color of say... the front page. Everything seems to be listed as "obsolete - here only for reference"... where and how are style options controlled in vb4? A brief explanation of the architecture would be realllly helpful as there is no manual yet. css? templates? vb's proprietary lingo?
    dialogue boxes after clicking on one of the million links in the cp?

If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Read Don's blog entries and download the StyleVar Dictionary and the Skinning guide: vB4: Skinning Your Forum in 10 Easy Steps and StyleVar Visual Dictionary for Forum, Blog, and CMS (PDF Documents)

CSS is something you should google. CSS is not explained in the tutorials at all, you will have to go read up on it if you don't know what it is yet.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Super Cat
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

Styles and Templates> Style Manager>Styles Var
      Everything is found there. Under Common Styles is Doc background and Body Background those are your two main backgrounds. After that you have to style different section. Front page will be at the bottom under vbCMS. The obsolete is exactly that. Refer to everything else through links Lynne provided.
      Originally posted by petermclane
      So I've of course find my way to the long list of style editing options but I cant figure out which one would actually control the background color, font color of say... the front page. Everything seems to be listed as "obsolete - here only for reference"... where and how are style options controlled in vb4? A brief explanation of the architecture would be realllly helpful as there is no manual yet. css? templates? vb's proprietary lingo?
      dialogue boxes after clicking on one of the million links in the cp?

If anyone knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• petermclane
        • Dec 2009

Thanks to you both. Very helpful. Always a learning curve with the very through/robust vb. But I love it. I appreciate the direction.
        TYTY

Comment

• petermclane
          • Dec 2009

So Im having a lot of problems with this. Creating and editing new styles is overwriting the default style, the pdf is out of date!! The categories that show up, "Standard" for example, don't exist!!! This has got to be a priority (updating this pdf so that people can edit their styles). Is anyone having any success with this? Seems like a mess at the moment...

Comment

• BoredOutOfMyMind
            • Feb 2006
            • 3.8.x

Thank you Lynne for the skinning tutorial.

How do I lose/change the blue font? EVERY skin has it...ewww. It was easy to create a black font or a dark brown font in 3.6+

LOL Even the post Icon has blue font!

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

You may be interested in this article that will help you find stylevars - HOW TO Find what Stylevar you need to edit

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BoredOutOfMyMind
                • Feb 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                You may be interested in this article that will help you find stylevars - HOW TO Find what Stylevar you need to edit
                Again, Thanks
                Been there started reading that a few days ago. I will start a new thread on this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...