How to create custom HTML pages within the CMS?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Lang
    • Jun 2005

[CMS] How to create custom HTML pages within the CMS?

I've been using VBAdvanced as my CMS and about 90% of my content is HTML pages, with formatting (tables, custom table backgrounds, flash, etc). Now that I'm running VB 4.0 I have no way to incorporate my existing HTML content into the CMS without making static-html widgets for each element, on each page! Obviously I don't plan to create 200+ widgets just to insert HTML into my CMS pages, so is there an easier way?

VBAdvanced (A free product) does this pretty easily. I don't want every page to look like an article or blog, and frankly, if I paid for a CMS I would think this feature would pretty much be a no-brainer, even in the first release.
  • vivamexico55
    • Mar 2005

I guess you could call it a "bug" : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=34462 if you're interested in it, confirm it.

What you can try (I suppose) is to allow yourself to be able to post HTML content in the CMS permissions, and copy the HTML there and hopefully it will look good. To insert a few tables the way I wanted them in my site, I had to edit the CSS and add my own table definitions to vbulletin.css ...

Comment

• glorify
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chris Lang
      VBAdvanced (A free product) does this pretty easily. I don't want every page to look like an article or blog, and frankly, if I paid for a CMS I would think this feature would pretty much be a no-brainer, even in the first release.
      +1 from me as well. Can't believe that we have to fight for this one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...