Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dutchbb
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Can we not add custom CSS anymore?

Is this completely disabled, or am I missing something?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You may create your own .css template and add a link in your headinclude if you want. Or, I wrote a mod over on vb.org that adds it for you. Or, you can just add your own custom css to a css template that gets included in the page you want to add custom css to.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dutchbb
      • Nov 2003
      • 3.8.x

I must say I'm really disappointed with that. I can't believe they have just removed that important feature. I don't know how to link to a css template in headinclude, and I don't want to install a mod just to add custom css. This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.

Thanks for the info though Lynne.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I put this in the bug tracker and I believe it will be included in 4.0.1 thanks to Chris - Please consider adding user defined Additional CSS to pages

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• assaf
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by dutchbb
          I must say I'm really disappointed with that. I can't believe they have just removed that important feature. I don't know how to link to a css template in headinclude, and I don't want to install a mod just to add custom css. This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.

Thanks for the info though Lynne.
          My voice disappeared, and I say this ... look to my signature Who knows, maybe don kuramura's eye fall on my signature

Its the largest bug in vb4

Comment

• assaf
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by dutchbb
            This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.
            Mee to
            Me too

Comment

• reefland
              • Sep 2000

Isn't the vbulletin.css pulled into every page? If so, it could be added there.
              sigpic
              Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Guys, it's being added. I posted a link to the bug report and you can read the response from the dev.

And no, you don't want to necessarily add it to vbulletin.css because that is not always (ever?) the last css template included in the page. If you want to add custom css, it needs to be in the *last* css template called to ensure it will take precedence over the other css.

Comment

• assaf
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
                  Guys, it's being added. I posted a link to the bug report and you can read the response from the dev.

And no, you don't want to necessarily add it to vbulletin.css because that is not always (ever?) the last css template included in the page. If you want to add custom css, it needs to be in the *last* css template called to ensure it will take precedence over the other css.
                  Where is the post i don't see it
                  Is vb team will add Extra & Additional CSS in the next release ?

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by assaf
                    Where is the post i don't see it
                    Is vb team will add Extra & Additional CSS in the next release ?
                    Post number 4 in this thread:
                    I put this in the bug tracker and I believe it will be included in 4.0.1 thanks to Chris - Please consider adding user defined Additional CSS to pages

Comment

• cbiweb
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.1.x

Very good news, Lynne! Glad you bugged it and it's getting done.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• assaf
                        • Aug 2007

Thank you Lynne
                        Will they add Extra CSS to each stylvar ?

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by assaf
                          Thank you Lynne
                          Will they add Extra CSS to each stylvar ?
                          Sorry assaf, but that doesn't really make sense. They will add an extra template for us to add extra css to our pages. You can read what they are planning to do in the report - chris has outlined his plans.

Comment

• Eriksrocks
                            • Apr 2008

Unfortunately this still doesn't work in some cases. I'm trying to create a style, so I used the workaround method and called my own stylesheet in headinclude. However vBulletin still added auto-generated CSS after my call that took precedence over my custom CSS. Grrr!

HTML Code:
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/yui/reset-fonts/reset-fonts.css" />
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=vbulletin.css,popupmenu.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,components.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css" />
                            <!-- Custom stylesheet: -->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="images/mystyle/mystyle.css" />

<title>Block Forums</title>
                            <!-- vBulletin adds its own CSS AFTER my custom stylesheet call. Custom stylesheet is useless. :( -->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits.css" />
                            <!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits-ie.css" /><![endif]-->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumhome.css" />

</head>
                            Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 4.1.x

go to .org and get Lynne's mod for additional CSS it works good and I am using that mod to show my header - http://www.dvdnextcopysupportforum.com/forum.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...