X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnatster
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] vB 4 Manual?

Is there a manual for 4.0 yet or do we have to rely on a hodgepodge of How To Blog posts?

I've tried to use the search to no avail as I could not narrow the parameters to only search in the 4.0 areas.

None of the prefixes really make sense for this question as it covers Forum, Blog and CMS, yet I was forced to add one in order to post.
    Director of Support - Drive Thru Online

sigpic

• AntonLargiader
    • Dec 2009

The latter. Plus the various instructions saying things like "Please note that the format for config.php in vBulletin 3.5.x is different from previous versions of vBulletin, and you will need to manually update your config file to the new format."
    My VB forum: BMWRA

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

Not at this time, if you have questions you may want to utilize the forums or the support tickets.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• indigosociety
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

This is sad for a gold product.

Comment

• brandondrury
          • Oct 2005

This is sad for a gold product.
          I found the old vbulletin manual documentation to be outstanding. I could search a feature on Google and find my answer within seconds most of the time. It was excellent.

If you take a look at this thread, you'll see where the vb.org team has to mention...

It's also been posted several times before.
          If we have to search for things and do not find them (common with the 3.6.8 vbulletin search) we shouldn't have to read this sort of thing from "official" vb people (assuming the .org guys are linked with the vbulletin.com guys).

If multiple people are asking the same question, this represents a problem in web usability.

Brandon
          Payday Advance

Comment

• Loco.M
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.5.x

here is my request, you can see what the staff had to say

is vbulletin.com/docs not going to be the online manual anymore?

This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with 3.8, it actually has searchable documentation
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...