X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minimock2000
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] The font used in Quick Reply and Edit Post is too small

I see this has been addressed as a bug. Was confirmed to be a bug, and then deemed not a bug lol.

Probably right, not a bug, just prefrence. I looked all through the stylevars and found no place to increase this font size.

I tried using Lynn's method of using firebug, but only came up with "wysiwyg" but no stylevar to match.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Do a search on ".wysiwyg" in your templates and you'll see what stylevars are used for that class.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• minimock2000
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

I did, it looks like it should be in the editor.css but Im not seeing anything related to font size for the text box.......I dunno... any other thoughts?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Look in vbulletin.css:
        HTML Code:
        .wysiwyg {
            font: {vb:stylevar font};
        }
        And look at the stylevar font and you'll see it right there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• minimock2000
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.6.x

Lynne, Thanks so much, I am sure Ill figure it out eventually. I can find that, but cant find where to change the value.....you have me in the right direction.......... I will let you move on to help the smarter people LOL.

On a side note, all those bashing VB4, it might just be lack of understanding on your part lol.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Style Manager > Stylevars > font (under the Common area). But, that will change everywhere the font is used. If you just want to change it for the wysiwig, then you should just add your own line with the new font size soemwhere *after* vbulletin defines it:
            Code:
            .wysiwyg {
                font-size: xxx;
            }

Comment

• fPower
              • Aug 2009
              • 3.8.x

Since there's no logical reason I can think of explaining why one would want smaller fonts when typing something than when reading something, my guess is that the default will be changed.

Does anyone really want a smaller font when writing something than when reading something?

Comment

• minimock2000
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

That did the trick. Thanks Lynne. For what its worth, I think you guys at VB.COM and VB.ORG are doing a great job in a somewhat hostile environment. Some of us think so anyways

Comment

• minimock2000
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by fPower
                  Since there's no logical reason I can think of explaining why one would want smaller fonts when typing something than when reading something, my guess is that the default will be changed.

Does anyone really want a smaller font when writing something than when reading something?
                  I dunno, as evidenced, im not real well versed in style sheets, but I do know that in in other aspects of coding, one little thing can have a cascade effect on others. Maybe it will be changed down the line, but if this is the worst thing I have had to deal with in 6 upgrades, Ill call it a good day

Comment

• TroyTrojansFan
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                    Style Manager > Stylevars > font (under the Common area). But, that will change everywhere the font is used. If you just want to change it for the wysiwig, then you should just add your own line with the new font size soemwhere *after* vbulletin defines it:
                    Code:
                    .wysiwyg {
                        font-size: xxx;
                    }
                    Could you please provide the steps needed to find this in the style manager? Some of us find it a little hard to find things in the new set up. Thank you.

Comment

• minimock2000
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3.6.x

Your actually manually adding the line, not changing the value in the stylevars. The highlighted text was what I added. Click image for larger version

Name:	css.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	3677350
                      Last edited by minimock2000; Sun 27 Dec '09, 1:05pm.

Comment

• TroyTrojansFan
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by minimock2000
                        Your actually manually adding the line, not changing the value in the stylevars. The highlighted text was what I added. [ATTACH=CONFIG]40747[/ATTACH]
                        Well, I changed that and hit save and reload, but it didn't change the font size. I'll try hitting just save this time.

Comment

• TroyTrojansFan
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by minimock2000
                          Your actually manually adding the line, not changing the value in the stylevars. The highlighted text was what I added. [ATTACH=CONFIG]40747[/ATTACH]
                          Ok, I tried it on 24 and it is bigger. Font sizes of 15 and 18 didn't seem to change it that much. Thank you for the help. :-)

I wonder what vbulletin has their size set on??

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TroyTrojansFan
                            Ok, I tried it on 24 and it is bigger. Font sizes of 15 and 18 didn't seem to change it that much. Thank you for the help. :-)
                            You are putting some units after the number, right?
                            Originally posted by TroyTrojansFan
                            I wonder what vbulletin has their size set on??
                            Firebug says 13px.

Comment

• TroyTrojansFan
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                              You are putting some units after the number, right?

Firebug says 13px.
                              I put 24px I think. I created a vbulletin ticket on the issue as my site has some older people on it with eyesight problems and they are complaining about the textbox font size. This is the response I got back:

Sorry but we cannot find this setting. Please note that as support staff our primary function is to help customers with specific problems and questions they have about using the software. While we often will help with questions regarding customizing forums, that is not our core function. We help with these questions when we can and when we have the time and experience.

F
                              or specific help with customizing vB you should try vBulletin.org: http://www.vbulletin.org/
                              This is what I currently have in the vbulletin.css file:

.wysiwyg {
                              font-size: 24px;
                              }

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...