X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IncubuRs
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Where is the getdaily button ?

In quick links I used to find an option called " get daily " but can't find where it is in the new version?
    although writing its url directly works great
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

Should be like this: forum/search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Todays Posts used to be in Quicklinks I believe, but it seems its been removed.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• IncubuRs
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.8.x

I added it manually anyway
        thx for reply

Comment

• mrmunson
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by IncubuRs
          I added it manually anyway
          thx for reply
          IncubuRs, I'm sort of rusty in my vB skills. Could you give me any pointers as to how you acomplished the manual addition of this? It would be greatly appreciated. I run a small board and the Daily-feature is much used on our board.
          Best regards,
          MrMunson
          www.muppfarmen.se

Comment

• waynem
            • Dec 2009

I found it under the "What's New" tab.

Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here

Comment

• mrmunson
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.6.x

I found it there as well, and fair enough, one could add a bookmark in ones browser to have the functionality available. What I'm saying is that there are times when the New Posts function and the Last days posts have their separate purpose. Consider the following example.
              When I'm at work I cant view YouTube videos due to my employers content filtering policies. On my board we use a thread prefix ("YouTube") for posts that involves something useful posted on YouTube. Now, being at work, I would naturally want to keep any new post with that prefix in an unread status until I get home. Iow, I dont want to use the Mark all forums read --> New posts (null result) --> "...previous 24 hours, here" approach. That's when Todays posts kicks in as very useful (for a small board) imho. You can see active topics/threads for the day without potentially missing out on other content.
              Did that make any sense at all? It's hard to explain. It is tempting to draw the conclusion that vB has simply removed the menu option for Todays posts because the functionally (in itself) is propably mostly useful on small/very small boards.
              Best regards,
              MrMunson
              www.muppfarmen.se

Comment

• IncubuRs
                • Sep 2007
                • 3.8.x

I added in the navbar template beside " getnew" another link but with href " getdaily"

Comment

• mrmunson
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3.6.x

I added in the navbar template beside " getnew" another link but with href " getdaily"
                  Huge thanks dude. Went on and implemented it on my board just now. Ten minute fix thanks to you. *hail*
                  Best regards,
                  MrMunson
                  www.muppfarmen.se

Comment

• The Gismo Man
                    • Apr 2008

Would you mind advising the exact template, where you pasted it and the actual code for me to implement this on my forums
                    https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• mrmunson
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Go to your admin pages. Navigate Styles & Templates --> Style Manager --> (pick the drop-down for the style that you wish to modify) --> Choose Edit Templates in the drop-down. You'll now see a long list of all your templates on the leftish side of the page. Locate Navbar & Bredcrumb Templates, double-click it and choose Navbar by double-clicking it. You'll now be inside the correct template. Locate the following code (two places in the template):
                      Code:
                      <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase new_posts_nav}</a></li>
                      Insert the following code on the row just below the above code:
                      Code:
                      <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase todays_posts}</a></li>
                      I did this on the two places in the template. One that affects the Forum navigation button and its underlying options, and one instance for the Whats New buttons respective choices.

I hope that will sort the matter out for you. Please provide feedback in either case. Good luck.
                      Best regards,
                      MrMunson
                      www.muppfarmen.se

Comment

• The Gismo Man
                        • Apr 2008

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
                        I looked for your codes you listed and i don't have that exact code in that template, this is what i have, very subtle difference:-

Code:
                        <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase new_posts_nav}</a></li>
                        Code:
                        <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase todays_posts}</a></li>
                        I pasted in your 2nd code and it didn't work for me
                        Last edited by The Gismo Man; Wed 30 Dec '09, 12:22pm.
                        https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• mrmunson
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Hi again. Sorry for taking time to reply. I looked at your template code above and from what I can see (although it is still eraly in the morning) your code is identical as the rows I pasted above. Could you point of the exact difference?

I am by no means a wizard when it comes to vB but I usually get around fine. I does my head in that this doesnt work on your board. The only thing(s) and can come to think that could make this not work is either if you modify the template in style X and then look for results on style Y (Y not being a child style of X that is). The other possibility could be that some either browser cache or proxy server is hindering you from seeing results immediately.

Is there anyone else here who could provide some pointers if were on the right track?
                          Best regards,
                          MrMunson
                          www.muppfarmen.se

Comment

• Beermonster
                            • Mar 2004

On the same subject, it used to be easy to create a line that would get the last 7 days, 2 weeks, or even hours, but I can't seem to work this out now, anyone know?

Comment

• kat00
                              • Dec 2006

This works well.

Forum Home Enhancements - Add link "Today's posts" in quicks Links vBulletin 4.x Template Modifications
                              ttttt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...