Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You can't make changes in firebug and have them go into vbulletin. Firebug is completely separate from vbulletin and doesn't interact with it. If you want to change something on your site, you need to actually do so in the admincp.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

The following video shows how to convert what you find in Firebug to vBulletin:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

So how does one adjust the "Forum Tools" popup menu colors without also affecting the popup menus on the main navigation bar (e.g. Quick Links and such)?
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Use the menu id in your CSS if you want it just for there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Nick
            • Feb 2008
            • 3.8.x

Thanks, but I'm not sure what that means or how to go about doing that.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

For instance, for the Thread Tools menu and the rest up in that bar, the color of the font/link is set by:
              HTML Code:
              .toolsmenu .popupgroup .popupbody a, .toolsmenu .popupgroup .popupbody li label {    color: #3E3E3E;    font-size: 11px;}
              So, if you want to change it only for that bar, you can look in the page source (or use firebug) and see it has an id of "thread_controls". So, you could do this:
              HTML Code:
              #thread_controls.toolsmenu .popupgroup .popupbody a, #thread_controls.toolsmenu .popupgroup .popupbody li label {
                  color: pink;
              }

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...