Forum title image different on "Home" tab than "Forum" and "Blog" tab?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilles
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Forum title image different on "Home" tab than "Forum" and "Blog" tab?

Hi all,

Q1
    Something I noticed while styling my forum : my new forum title image is set on all tabs (forum, blog, what's new), but the vBulletin picture is still shown on top of the "home" tab. In Firefox with Firebug, I altered the html code on that page to my specific picture, and it worked. I'd like to alter that in my forum code now, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone of you who has an idea?

Q2
    And a question that follows out of the previous one : where can I add extra tabs, like the "Projects" tab here on this forum?

Thanks!

Gilles
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

q1. cms has its own templates that you need to edit too.
    q2. edit the navbar template
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• Anseur
      • Jun 2004
      • 4.1.x

Also for question #1 be aware that your front page (Home) can have it's own style depending on what you have chosen. click the little pencil that appears when you mouse over the title and make sure your style is chosen or that it's set to inherit the users style choice, depending on what you want.
      MCO Raid Alliance - Shadowsong EU MCO guild home.

Comment

• Hotpuppy
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Dody
        q1. cms has its own templates that you need to edit too.
        Where would I find this particular variable to edit it? I've done "search in templates" and I've crawled through the stylevars......
        thanks!

Comment

• Gilles
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.7.x

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice.

I've found another solution. Go to the CMS tab ("Home"), hover above the Home Title untill the little pencil appears, click it, (you're in the CMS editor). In my case under Section Information, the variable "Style" had Default Style vB3. Changed that to vB4 default style and it worked.

Thanks again!

Gilles

Comment