How to get rid of MODS left over on small site with low thread count?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC Topps
    • May 2008

[Forum] How to get rid of MODS left over on small site with low thread count?

Hi!

I have updated my website to 3.8.4 pl2. On this site have I no threads so far other than my own which are about 120 in total. What do I have to worry about in regard to impex to a CLEAN vb 4.0

I do however have a number of mods in 3.8 that will not be good in 4.0. What should I do? I would like to get rid of the mods and start over.

Would my impex import be helpful to me? or Would I loose something? I was not wanting to compare tables and all that.

So what is the best method in my case?

Thanks
    Last edited by TC Topps; Wed 23 Dec '09, 12:50pm.
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

First you need to disable your mods/plugins.
    Upload vb 4.0 and upgrade using the upgrade script. there is no need for Impex to upgrade from vB 3.8.x to vB 4.0
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• TC Topps
      • May 2008

Dody;
      I am basically wanting to take the 3.8 data minus all the old mod tables etc and put it into the new vb4.

Comment

• Dody
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.8.x

Start by uninstalling any mod/plugin you have (keep the blog if you have it), this will remove the tables generated by modifications. After that upload vb 4.0 and upgrade.
        while(true){
        if(
        $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
        if(
        $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
        }

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...