X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prostr
    • Dec 2009

[CMS] Car/Auto websites? +help

Dear all

If some of you know or have a website about cars, runing the VB 4.0.0 GOLD, please post a link so I can see the features that I meight have too.

Ive been looking now the hole day at two forums about "show your website", and did found a lot of new ideas for my own site.

But I think MANY of those sites look very much like each other - nothing much have been recreated than the colours and the background.
    I wanna see something more uniq - maybe im too fast to ask for this since the new system havent been out long? :-)

Anyway.
    Many of those sites is only forum based or gaming based, like this Vbulletin system only is recommended and usefull if you are running a gaming or forum based website?

I want to post carnews, have a gallery, show people our creatings after photoshoots with tuner cars, post cartests of new cars, show videos from carshows and have add banners, links and maybe a user registration function.
    But im starting to get confussed, if this is possible at all?

And how difficult is it really to create my own skin?
    Can I have my photoshop dude to create some .psd files for me, and upload that or do he have to create it so it matches the places there "sign on box" and the cms system is placed and such?
    It seems that its pretty easy to just adjust the colours - its by the .css files right?

Thanks

:-)
  • Prostr
    • Dec 2009

... I want to add this:

When I was looking for a new system to run my website, I was allso looking at designs with functions.

I felt over this: http://www.bestofjoomla.com/componen...id,46/id,2654/
    I know that this design is for Joomla, and I dont wanna use Joomla cause I think its too complicated to figuere out how to use, and Ive allso bought a license to VB now.

Do we have a design matching this, or what company do you think can create such?
    The design allso have functions like "the flash news banner at the top" - do we have such one?

Please let me know.

Comment

• Alex@MK3OC
      • Apr 2008
      • 4.2.X

I run a Car Owners Club, we havent gone live with VB4 yet though as we're waiting for some of the add-ons we rely on to be ported over, but the link to our vb3.8.4 site is in my signature

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Heh! vBulletin Solutions is owned by Internet Brands, who used to be called CarsDirect.com. They've got loads of car websites themselves:

Don't think any of them run vB4 yet though.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Prostr
          • Dec 2009

Like the design.

I can see that your galleries are very manually made, is that right?
          Why dont you use a gallery plugin/mod - or dosent there exist one?

Comment

• Ramsesx
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Prostr
            But I think MANY of those sites look very much like each other - nothing much have been recreated than the colours and the background.
            I wanna see something more uniq - maybe im too fast to ask for this since the new system havent been out long? :-)

Anyway.
            Many of those sites is only forum based or gaming based, like this Vbulletin system only is recommended and usefull if you are running a gaming or forum based website?

I want to post carnews, have a gallery, show people our creatings after photoshoots with tuner cars, post cartests of new cars, show videos from carshows and have add banners, links and maybe a user registration function.
            But im starting to get confussed, if this is possible at all?

And how difficult is it really to create my own skin?
            Can I have my photoshop dude to create some .psd files for me, and upload that or do he have to create it so it matches the places there "sign on box" and the cms system is placed and such?
            It seems that its pretty easy to just adjust the colours - its by the .css files right?

Thanks

With vb4 you can post car news, videos on the cms. Gallery you need to buy extra, so far the only gallery working with vb4 is photopostpro, a link directory isn't integrated you need to buy extra. Simple style changes (colours, buttons) are made by css if you want it more unique there's more knowledge necessary. Maybe you read a bit more around here to get a better view of things. There will be the need to learn a lot if you want a unique and not out the box forum software.

Comment

• Prostr
              • Dec 2009

I have been looking at this theme too which would be VERY attractive for me, but again - for Joomla:
              Inspiro PRO is a professional WordPress portfolio theme fully focused on the Elementor page builder. Being an advanced version of Inspiro, it provides the best video and photo features for creatives. Custom modules, various layout options and pre-built templates, handpicked customization options, dynamic elements, extremely user-friendly — Inspiro PRO is the all-in-one choice for your WordPress portfolio website.

:-(

Comment

• Prostr
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                With vb4 you can post car news, videos on the cms. Gallery you need to buy extra, so far the only gallery working with vb4 is photopostpro, a link directory isn't integrated you need to buy extra. Simple style changes (colours, buttons) are made by css if you want it more unique there's more knowledge necessary. Maybe you read a bit more around here to get a better view of things. There will be the need to learn a lot if you want a unique and not out the box forum software.

Thank you for the explaining.
                Do you have some links for existing plugins/mods that supports my needs, even if they are for the ealiere versions of VB? (Maybe they might be upgraded to VB4 - so I can run through having to pay for something )

Comment

• Prostr
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  Heh! vBulletin Solutions is owned by Internet Brands, who used to be called CarsDirect.com. They've got loads of car websites themselves:

Don't think any of them run vB4 yet though.
                  Lol cool! I didnt know that.
                  But again - allmost every of those sites are forum based or "very confusing for my eyes" and they are VERY brand based websites, like a "club for Audi fans" or something.. You know, with all this flashing fansi stuff on both the left and right side of the homepage..
                  I want something very simple and clean as you dont get confused by when you look at it.

- Okay, there have to be space for ad's of course, but again..
                  And the designs on those pages aint really designs, they are just colour-changed ..?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...