X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woffie
    • Jan 2009
    • 4.0.x

How is it VB's fault that some of you don't know what your doing? I have never seen such a bunch of whiners as I have the last couple months while waiting for 4.0.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

It's a shame as soon as someone says something positive it is considered a overwhelming positive feedback, almost a testimonial.
      But as soon as someone provides negative feedback - sharing their personal experience - it is considered whining.

The first post is constructive, comes with arguments on why he prefers a refund and inquires on how to contact them about this.

Don't confuse feedback and questions as whining just because a lot of people seem to be displeased.

Comment

• Hotpuppy
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Raz
        Actually your point is invalid, I have been using Joomla for some while and the community and volunteers always came with answers since their are more professionals working on it since it is opensource.

And of course, since Joomla is such a great, easy to use product, you are here at Vbulletin.com using vb4? uh huh..... sure..... I had to manage a Joomla site for a non-profit about 2 years ago. It was a pile of spaghetti. Had more options than the cockpit for the space shuttle. In short it was nearly impossible to setup and forget about. It required alot of dedicated time and energy to deal with. I scrapped it. My opinion (which may be different from yours) was that it sucked.

My point to the original poster is that nobody is forcing anyone to use this software. It's a toolset, not a solution. The support is pretty good. I opened a ticket yesterday at 8am and had a response in 3 hours and another response an hour later. It didn't solve my problem per se, but it gave me enough information to figure it out and get it solved.

Running a website is not like driving a car. Not anyone can do it. So if you bought Vbulletin thinking it would make you Bill Gates or Ebay then yea you were duped and should get a refund.

Running a website requires dedication, resources, and technical knowhow. If you have alot of dedication you can put the time into developing the knowhow.

Comment

• socceronly
          • Nov 2009
          • 3.8.x

I don't even know why they made a CMS.

Paid for maintained bridges to Drupal, Joomla and wordpress would have been better and possibly more profitable.

I would pay $50 alone for a maintained bridge to Drupal.

Drupal under Acquia with the 7 release is really gonna do some CMS stompin.
          Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• cosy
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DeezNutzTX
            What is the flippin point of posting this up?
            make that question yourself about your post

Comment

• kat00
              • Dec 2006

I thought 4 was absolute crap when I first started tinkering with it but wow, you can get it going pretty good......I'm amazed just how well that CMS page works, I really thought the vBa CMPS was superior but I'm having second thoughts...............Sure, releasing the software in its current state is asking for trouble because somethings simply don't work............which is pretty bloody stupid, there are so many questions being asked..........where is the VB team answering questions.........Buggered if I can se them. They are quick to repremand someone but are offering little in the way of answering questions........In saying that, there is a mile of potential with the forum software, if your reasonably new at using the 4.0 version, hang in for a while and see what can be done with it.
              ttttt

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
                And of course, since Joomla is such a great, easy to use product, you are here at Vbulletin.com using vb4? uh huh..... sure..... I had to manage a Joomla site for a non-profit about 2 years ago. It was a pile of spaghetti. Had more options than the cockpit for the space shuttle. In short it was nearly impossible to setup and forget about. It required alot of dedicated time and energy to deal with. I scrapped it. My opinion (which may be different from yours) was that it sucked.

My point to the original poster is that nobody is forcing anyone to use this software. It's a toolset, not a solution. The support is pretty good. I opened a ticket yesterday at 8am and had a response in 3 hours and another response an hour later. It didn't solve my problem per se, but it gave me enough information to figure it out and get it solved.

Running a website is not like driving a car. Not anyone can do it. So if you bought Vbulletin thinking it would make you Bill Gates or Ebay then yea you were duped and should get a refund.

Running a website requires dedication, resources, and technical knowhow. If you have alot of dedication you can put the time into developing the knowhow.
                I agree. I don't like Joomla either. It's like the emperor's new clothes. Everyone says it's wonderful, but I disagree. It's ok at best, and very complicated to get your head round.

Give me VB's CMS any day with it's comparitively easy options - just give it me without the 200 odd query bug and I'll use it!
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• RobParker
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
                  One step at a time..... if you don't want to mess with having the domain point at CMS, then create a splash page that people click to enter. It's not as flashy, but it works just fine.
                  That "solution" screws SEO though. The CMS is unsuable as a homepage for sites already established with inbound/internal links to /forums/ and people who were (mis-)sold the Suite don't have much choice but to wait for them to fix it.

Comment

• wacodep
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 3.6.x

As it has already been pointed out, vB is a toolset. It's not a turnkey solution.

If you go to the store and buy a set of wrenches, do you expect to be able to just throw them at the car and watch it fix itself?

Sorry, but even in today's world of cell phones, iPods, instant coffee, and microwave ovens, life just doesn't happen that way.

Buying TOOLS does not make you a knowledgeable mechanic, and buying a software toolkit does not make you a webmaster.

Money does not always overcome a lack of knowledge.

Comment

• wacodep
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by RobParker
                      That "solution" screws SEO though. The CMS is unsuable as a homepage for sites already established with inbound/internal links to /forums/ and people who were (mis-)sold the Suite don't have much choice but to wait for them to fix it.
                      "Mis-sold" the suite. LOL. I love the victimization angle. Yet another example of the lack of personal responsibilty and accountibility that is running rampant in today's society.

Perhaps these "victims" should have spent some time reading, conversing, communication, and asking questions to become better informed consumers before buying something. I know that's what I did. The information WAS/IS out there.

Victimization ... LOL ... that's pretty good ...

Comment

• ChopSuey
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by socceronly
                        I don't even know why they made a CMS.
                        People begged for it & they got it - what i read from wayne luke ?

vBulletin the most powerful forum software

Comment

• Slingblade61
                          • Aug 2004

vB is a toolset. It's not a turnkey solution.
                          Funny.

This is like buying a new car that you have to fix yourself to get it running properly.
                          Shot Talk

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

I think you guys are getting a bit worked up here.
                            If you want a refund, submit a support ticket.
                            If you want to help, post in the forums
                            If you don't like the vbcms but wanted the suite (blogs) than get the suite and use wordpress or something else for your CMS until the vBCMS gets updated a few more times.
                            It will get better, these things just take time.
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• RobParker
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wacodep
                              "Mis-sold" the suite. LOL. I love the victimization angle. Yet another example of the lack of personal responsibilty and accountibility that is running rampant in today's society.

Perhaps these "victims" should have spent some time reading, conversing, communication, and asking questions to become better informed consumers before buying something. I know that's what I did. The information WAS/IS out there.

Victimization ... LOL ... that's pretty good ...
                              When the Suite went on sale the only information regarding the CMS was a couple of screenshots. That was it. There was no working demo and we were just given a list of features and a short deadline in which to decide to make use of the sale price.

If you're really saying that you had more information about the CMS then the rest of us then please do enlighten us as it simply wasn't there.

As for playing the victim, I'm not. I'd happily have paid a lot more for VB as we've been using it for years and more than got our money's worth. A lot of people were hoping that the Suite finally meant a decent CMS (on par with Joomla/Drupal for example) and that VBA would no longer be needed. A lot of the complaining on here comes from the initial excitement about the CMS giving away to hge disappointment at how poor the product currently is (it can't act as a homepage, it's poorly coded with far too many queries, it looks extremely poor out the box, etc). Worse than that is that the devs seem to think they've put out a high quality "stable" product which is clearly not the case at present :-(

Comment

• cosy
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Floris

Don't confuse feedback and questions as whining just because a lot of people seem to be displeased.
                                but this is # vBulletin 4 Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting feedback forum is http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...s-and-Feedback

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...