X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeezNutzTX
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Refund

I am sure that had any of you JelSoft developers paid for something as incomplete and buggy as this software you would be asking for your money back.

How to I go about requesting my money back for your 4.0 license?

This has to be one of the wonkiest pieces of code I have seen yet. DO you guys have a Bar for Gold releases? Or was this so you could release on the date you stated?

Horrible
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Refunds are dealt with on a case by case basis, you need to send them a ticket.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Submit a support ticket.
      Peggy
      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• DeezNutzTX
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

Thanks!

Comment

• oddmud
          • Oct 2009

It's not that buggy for me, just a few minor issues that can be dealt with. Everyone keeps complaining, my site works like a charm. Sans the Sitemap issue. I think it's mostly user error.
          Jason Craig – Partner
          Wet Coast Sports LTD
          Fishing Reviews TV – BC Fishing Reports – Fly Fish BC – Fly Tying Bug

Comment

• DeezNutzTX
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

What is the flippin point of posting this up? I did not say it did not work.. It is an EPIC "FAIL" on delivering on the suite. The code almost appears to be a Frankenstein Attempt at integration. I can definitely work around some of the issues, any monkey could, but hey guess what.. I paid for it and expected something much better than the product I received.

Comment

• Sean James
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DeezNutzTX
              What is the flippin point of posting this up? I did not say it did not work.. It is an EPIC "FAIL" on delivering on the suite. The code almost appears to be a Frankenstein Attempt at integration. I can definitely work around some of the issues, any monkey could, but hey guess what.. I paid for it and expected something much better than the product I received.
              Have to agree, spent most of my day browsing and posting for support on these forums instead of getting on with updating.
              Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                • Sep 2001

Please keep us appraised of your efforts
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• MikesSite
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 3.8.x

I too will be requesting a refund. I feel like calling the BBB. I PAID for a vB license which they said in the contract and TOS that I would never have to pay for upgrades again....What do they do? Basically blow smoke up all of our asses about the Suite version and the CMS and make us pay to upgrade. Well guess what, WordPress and Joomla are 100000X more powerful and useful than this poor excuse of a CMS.

Comment

• bill butler
                    • Dec 2007

..well said - I'm frankly a bit annoyed at some of the responses on here from 'experts' - if they find it easy to fix errors they find insignificant - good for them - give them a coconut.

The reason I bought it is because I lack the necessary skills to go in and alter css/code/whatever else they define as 'easy'.

I bought the suite because I thought it would at least match up to anything I could download for free - ie Joomla. - It doesn't, therefore I am running a vB4 forum - when what I want to do is run the entire suite - which is what I paid for.

...Too many people getting upset because a lot of people are asking perfectly valid questions.

Comment

• steven s
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Another option is to install 3.8.4p2 since you already paid for it which includes v4.
                      Get your forum established than once the dust settles, update to v4.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• ComPilot
                        • Jun 2009

Bill Butler, I agree. I also purchased vB4 because I had the impression that it would be usable for someone like me who has little experience with this type of software.
                        At the risk of embarrassment, I do not understand the proper method of pointing the domain at the CMS. I have read threads that explain coding changes to this and that which I do not understand. Some are using a redirect page which I consider crude. I feel coding changes or additions are ridiculous as this basic yet important option should have been incorporated into the CMS.
                        Last edited by ComPilot; Tue 22 Dec '09, 11:38pm.
                        AxeAsylum.com

Comment

• Hotpuppy
                          • May 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DeezNutzTX
                          VB4 is a toolset.... not a turnkey forum. While you are free to think it sucks, and that you want your money back, and that the support is awful etc etc whine whine whine.... the reality is that it is better than anything else I looked at. If you think the support sucks why don't you go install Joomla or SMF. God help you when something isn't working right....if you think paid staff is hard to get an answer out of, then try it with complete volunteers.

Yes, it has a few challenges. Going from a discussion forum to a CMS is not a simple proposition. If it was, there would be several strong applications out there.

My upgrade was a pain in the ass too. Of course that is why I'm the one running the forum, and not any of my 380 users. Even the 2 or 3 who are technical and pissed off at me won't do it because A) they are cheap and won't spend the $$$ on the license, and B) they are not dedicated.

My upgrade sucked because:
                          - the db was defaulted to utf_unicode_ci instead of utf8_general_ci
                          - two mods created unicode tables
                          - I had extensively tweaked my templates....

Once I cured these issues the upgrade took 30 minutes.

Yes, it will take some time to get it looking the way I want it to, just like any new project.

I am personally thrilled when I hear someone is fed up with the software and running away from it. That means that there will be just one less good forum out there... because for all the challenges Vbulletin has, the rest of the options outright suck!

Comment

• Hotpuppy
                            • May 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ComPilot
                            Bill Butler, I agree. I also purchased vB4 because I had the impression that it would be usable for someone like me who has little experience with this type of software.
                            At the risk of embarrassment, I do not understand the proper method of pointing the domain at the CMS. I have read threads that explain coding changes to this and that which I do not understand. Some are using a redirect page which I consider crude. I feel coding changes or additions are ridiculous as this basic yet important option should have been incorporated into the CMS.

One step at a time..... if you don't want to mess with having the domain point at CMS, then create a splash page that people click to enter. It's not as flashy, but it works just fine.

Comment

• Raz
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Hotpuppy
                              VB4 is a toolset.... not a turnkey forum. While you are free to think it sucks, and that you want your money back, and that the support is awful etc etc whine whine whine.... the reality is that it is better than anything else I looked at. If you think the support sucks why don't you go install Joomla or SMF. God help you when something isn't working right....if you think paid staff is hard to get an answer out of, then try it with complete volunteers.

Yes, it has a few challenges. Going from a discussion forum to a CMS is not a simple proposition. If it was, there would be several strong applications out there.

My upgrade was a pain in the ass too. Of course that is why I'm the one running the forum, and not any of my 380 users. Even the 2 or 3 who are technical and pissed off at me won't do it because A) they are cheap and won't spend the $$$ on the license, and B) they are not dedicated.

My upgrade sucked because:
                              - the db was defaulted to utf_unicode_ci instead of utf8_general_ci
                              - two mods created unicode tables
                              - I had extensively tweaked my templates....

Once I cured these issues the upgrade took 30 minutes.

Yes, it will take some time to get it looking the way I want it to, just like any new project.

I am personally thrilled when I hear someone is fed up with the software and running away from it. That means that there will be just one less good forum out there... because for all the challenges Vbulletin has, the rest of the options outright suck!
                              Actually your point is invalid, I have been using Joomla for some while and the community and volunteers always came with answers since their are more professionals working on it since it is opensource.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...