Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reefland
    • Sep 2000

Edwin,

The problem exists even without vbseo. I will take screen shots showing vbseo disabled next time it occurs.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Edwin Brown
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2009
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by reefland
      Edwin,

The problem exists even without vbseo. I will take screen shots showing vbseo disabled next time it occurs.
      You don't need to. I'm not disputing your honesty, merely asking the question. I can't do it for a couple days, but say about next Tuesday, if you're willing, please create a support ticket on this and mention I asked you to. I'll need ftp access so I can look at the files, plus an admin login. Also, if there's any pattern to when this happens it would be very useful.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• reefland
        • Sep 2000

Thanks Edwin, will do. My response was only because of the policy of support when add-ons are installed.
        sigpic

Comment

• Bram
          • May 2007

Happens here without vbseo too. Running the latest vb version.

Comment

• Bram
            • May 2007

Will upgrade vBseo to the latest version and see if the problem is solved

Comment

• reefland
              • Sep 2000

It's not a vbseo problem, it is a cache problem. Although I can't reproduce it, it just happened again today on my site. Here's the scenario.

I created an article.
              After it was published, a user posted to notify me of an error in it.
              I corrected the error.
              A bit later, another user posted about the error (which I thought was strange since I fixed it).
              When I looked at the article, the error was not there.
              When I looked as unregistered, the error was there and the article only showed 1 comment (had 6 at that point).

So for some reason, it seems like some articles are not passing the cache rebuild process and effecting unregistered users. I'm not too saavy, but I can't find anything related to the cache and permissions in the code. I cleared the CMS Cache via admincp and everything was immediately corrected.
              sigpic

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                • Mar 2009
                • 5.5.x

It's not a vbseo problem, it is a cache problem. Although I can't reproduce it, it just happened again today on my site. Here's the scenario.

I created an article.
                After it was published, a user posted to notify me of an error in it.
                I corrected the error.
                A bit later, another user posted about the error (which I thought was strange since I fixed it).
                When I looked at the article, the error was not there.
                When I looked as unregistered, the error was there and the article only showed 1 comment (had 6 at that point).

So for some reason, it seems like some articles are not passing the cache rebuild process and effecting unregistered users. I'm not too saavy, but I can't find anything related to the cache and permissions in the code. I cleared the CMS Cache via admincp and everything was immediately corrected.
                That's a clue. Thanks. Can't think offhand why that would affect anything but it gives me a place to look.
                Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Bram
                  • May 2007

Exactly what reefland describes.

Comment

• reefland
                    • Sep 2000

Edwin,

Do you need a support ticket still?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Edwin Brown
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 5.5.x

Edwin,

Do you need a support ticket still?
                      Could you please do one thing first?

You're at 4.0.8. That's now five versions back. If you can look at your version of the file /packages/vbcms/content/article.php.

Search for the string "public function getInlineEditBodyView"

A few lines above it you should see this:

vB_Cache::instance()->cleanNow();
                      $this->content->reset();
                      //reset the required information
                      $this->content->requireInfo(vBCms_Item_Content::INFO_BASIC);
                      $this->content->requireInfo(vBCms_Item_Content::INFO_CONTENT);
                      $this->content->requireInfo(vBCms_Item_Content::INFO_CONFIG);
                      $this->content->requireInfo(vBCms_Item_Content::INFO_NODE);
                      $this->content->requireInfo(vBCms_Item_Content::INFO_PARENTS);
                      $this->content->invalidateCached();

If you don't see it, then you have an obsolete version. Please update when you can. If you do see this, then yes- please create a support ticket.

Comment

• reefland
                        • Sep 2000

It is in there. Creating ticket now.
                        sigpic

Comment

• reefland
                          • Sep 2000

I was just looking back through my old tickets and I have actually brought this up in a few tickets going back as far as 4.0.2.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Bram
                            • May 2007

This has been reported by so many people in the past. Running vb4 since the first release and have this issue from the beginning. Everytime they say they will fix it but nothing happens. Getting so fed up with this obsolete software, but we are forced to continue vbulletin for now because of the vbseo and downloads2 modifications we run on our site.

Instead of creating useless mobile suites and other customizable profile pages nobody asked for the devs should focus on fixing the bugs in their software.

Comment

• Snakefrancesco
                              • May 2010

I have the same problem:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/382724-VBSEO-and-recent-comment-widget-problem

How can I fix it?

Comment

• fwulfers
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 4.2.x

I am on 4.1.4 and have had this problem with all versions since we started using the vB software last year. It really is getting annoying having to clear the cache several times a day. Any fixes for this yet? Sometimes new comments are showing up but most of the time the CMS cache has to be cleared first.
                                SaabWorld

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...