X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOS1878.co.uk
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] How to hide Navbar links

The ones below the navbar, how can I hide them all? Like new posts and private message etc?

They are unneccesary IMO, but I don't know how to get rid...

Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Hide them or delete them? They are in the navbar template and you may delete them in there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Reading the navbar template I am so confused Lynne!

I just want to remove them, and then move the main content area up a bit; is that possible?
      Last edited by SOS1878.co.uk; Tue 22 Dec '09, 1:56pm.

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.8.x

Sorry I forgot to say I also want them removed from the CMS (which I have done manually) But i need to remove the gap so the content all moves up!

Help!!!!!

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

I have no idea what gap you are talking about or what links you want to remove from the CMS. Can you post an image?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
            • Oct 2009
            • 3.8.x

Sorry Lynne, on the forum it's the bits that say

New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links

Just below the actual navbar. I want to get rid of those from every page; including the CMS and the forums, and thus this will create a larger than necessary gap between the navbar and the content area. I would then like to reduce the size of that gap...

Hope that helps

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

A real quick way to get rid of the row is to add this to your addition .css template (or in the same template these are defined at the end):
              HTML Code:
              .navtabs ul {
              display:none;
              }
              .navbar {
                  height:{vb:math {vb:stylevar navbar_tab_border.borderWidth} * 1 + {vb:stylevar navbar_tab_size.height}}px;
              }

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
                • Oct 2009
                • 3.8.x

Lovely Lynne, thankyou. Can I use that to hide the advanced search too?

Then if you see - www.sos1878.co.uk/forum can you see that there is now a large gap where they used to be; is there anyway to control/reduce that gap?

Thanks again!

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 3.8.x

It actually does what I want it to on the What's new page Lynne if you get chance!

Thanks

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean and I get told "The page isn't redirecting properly" when I click on the link to your site.

OK, I figured out what your link was supposed to be. You didn't apply the css correctly to the other pages. Since I am modifying default vbulletin CSS, you must apply it after vbulletin defines it or it won't work. When I use firebug, I can see my css there, but you applied it before vbulletin defined it so the vbulletin code overrode it.

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Hi Lynne, it removed the bits below the tabular system like so. http://www.sos1878.co.uk/forum/forum.php

I wold like to hide the advanced search too, and then, where that content was it creates a gap, can i just remove that gap?

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

You aren't hearing what I'm saying. Go read up on CSS if you don't understand how it works. But basically, if you set the height to, say, 26px, and then later on you set it to 52px, the 52px will win. That is what you have done. My css sets it to 26px, but you put it in the wrong place so then vbulletin is setting it to 52px and the 52px is winning and you get that big space. You Have The CSS In The Wrong Place. Put it *later* on in the code. Please go read up on CSS to understand this.

If you want the other link hidden, the do some css like I did above where you set the display:none for it.

Comment

• SOS1878.co.uk
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Lynne I put it at the bottom of my vBulletin.css, surely it will therefore be called on afterwards?

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

No, that won't work. Take a look at your page source.... vbulletin-chrome.css is applied *after* vbulletin.css is applied. The classes I wrote the new properties for are in the vbulletin-chrome.css file. You are applying the old properties after the new properties. That won't work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...