1 widget, 1 layout, 1 grid - NO content?. .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennethj
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] 1 widget, 1 layout, 1 grid - NO content?. .

php 5.2.9
    mySLQ v 5.0.85

did an upgrade from 3.8.4pl1 to vB 4.0.0

the forum and blog look to have upgraded properly

the CMPS which needed to be added - its' missing a lot that was in the betas,

No content
    or Option to add it,

found is only just 1 widget - the Menu, 1 layout - the Default Layout, 1 grid - the 3 Column Fixed-Liquid-Fixed
    - where are the rest of the widgets, layouts grids and the default content ?? or HOW to install this (missing) part of the CMS
    tried 6 times to upgrade, forum and blog upgrade as far as i can tell properly, but the CMS will not install correctly - it has its' own ideas about what to include when installing -
    - aggravating to say the least .. .
    .. . / GFXstyles certain amount of common sense is necessary to survive in this world !
    insanity leaves you no restrictions
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you tried reuploading your files? Does it say you are now running 4.0.0 on the bottom of your site?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kennethj
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.6.x

yes is saying vB v 4 ( http://gfxstyles.com/ )

yes did re upload the files twice from the original archive from earlie am, and twice from another 60 minutes or so before the post .. .

could it be the Web Server being -> litespeed and not apache make a difference, never has before but ?? .

Originally posted by Lynne
      Have you tried reuploading your files? Does it say you are now running 4.0.0 on the bottom of your site?
      .. . / GFXstyles certain amount of common sense is necessary to survive in this world !

Comment

• davidmoon
        • Feb 2009

I'm having this same or similar issue. At first I thought it may have asked me in the install, and I breezed right past it ...

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by kennethj
          could it be the Web Server being -> litespeed and not apache make a difference, never has before but ?? .
          I don't know about that. However, I think you can go back to the upgrade script and it may ask you again if you want to install it. (However, I can't remember which upgrade it was that added this. I think it was have been beta 2 in which case you would go to install/upgrade_400b2.php and see if it will ask you)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kennethj
            • Apr 2001
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by davidmoon
            I'm having this same or similar issue. At first I thought it may have asked me in the install, and I breezed right past it ...
            dont' remember seeing it in any of the steps .. .
            - as Lynne just asked to try will in the am again -- been a long day -- time to quite for the day --

Originally posted by Lynne
            I don't know about that. However, I think you can go back to the upgrade script and it may ask you again if you want to install it. (However, I can't remember which upgrade it was that added this. I think it was have been beta 2 in which case you would go to install/upgrade_400b2.php and see if it will ask you)
            changed back to Apache -- same thing.

will try this in the am, if it dont' work will reinstall and close watch the scrips again, may have been blind and missed it when doing it before
            do some times not see whats there

Comment

• kennethj
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.6.x

is in the final upGrade - step 6 .. .

could not force it to work or ?? .
              - - - did things by copied and paste from the demo site ---

content still missing but can work from where im' at

Comment

• SomeSailor
                • May 2007

Same problem here... re-ran all upgrade scripts from upgrade_400b2.php, but it never asked anything about default. It just whizzed right past that step (6?)

Any thoughts? - mike

Comment

• kennethj
                  • Apr 2001
                  • 3.6.x

figured a way, even though its' not the right way, but it worked for us .. .
                  - so am back on line with just a few minor issues now, and nothing that is show stopping or not easy fixed

is in the bug tracker as a bug -

- a few links to other threads.. .

the best of luck.. .

Originally posted by SomeSailor
                  Same problem here... re-ran all upgrade scripts from upgrade_400b2.php, but it never asked anything about default. It just whizzed right past that step (6?)

Any thoughts? - mike

Comment

• SomeSailor
                    • May 2007

I looked at your solution, but my upgrade scripts seem to be named different than yours I think? I've run the upgrade scripts several times and everything seems to go well, but no default widget content.

Comment

• kennethj
                      • Apr 2001
                      • 3.6.x

k - ( from the members area are the upgrades themselves ) - updated other posts .. .
                      Originally posted by SomeSailor
                      I looked at your solution, but my upgrade scripts seem to be named different than yours I think? I've run the upgrade scripts several times and everything seems to go well, but no default widget content.

Comment

• SomeSailor
                        • May 2007

Hmmm... I'm re-downloading, but still unable to get the CMS widgets that are defaults. I was wondering if the code could be copied and pasted back in manually? Not even sure how many I'm missing as I've only heard people talk of ythem, but never seen them in real life.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...