X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malmazan
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] ¿New/updated phrase list?

Is there a list of new and updated phrases for those who translate vB?

(both for vB itself as well as CMS)
    Vote for these issues:
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Don't believe so, and I don't think we've ever released updates phrases between beta versions.

Comment

• malmazan
      • Jan 2006
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      Don't believe so, and I don't think we've ever released updates phrases between beta versions.
      It's gold now ...
      Vote for these issues:

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

We've also never released phrase/template changes between major versions. At least as far as I know

Comment

• malmazan
          • Jan 2006
          • 4.2.X

We've also never released phrase/template changes between major versions. At least as far as I know
          Given that most of the phrasing on vB4 should not be too different from vB3, and there should not be a lot of new phrases, this would be a good opportunity to show that vB cares about those using languages other than English, which I would think would be the majority of users? (Do you have stats on that?)

Otherwise it's like finding a needle in a hay stack.
          Vote for these issues:

Comment

• Anders P
            • Feb 2002

I've been translating vBulletin since version late 2.x. One of the best features that was added in 3.5 or 3.6 I think (not sure and it doesn't matter) is the "Find updated phrases". This let me know what phrases that has been changed since I last edited my translated phrases. So there sort of is a list of changed phrases as the OP asks for.

But it is also advisable to compare the language xml files of the master language between the versions since it saves some time to see if a large phrase just have a minor typo, which means it is nothing really to change in one's own translation, just update the phrase to get a new date stamp on it.

However what we need when it comes to phrases is to get rid of phrases with identical phrase name in different phrase groups, and also to not have "fragments" of phrases, it is a lot easier to get good translation if it is the full sentence that is a phrase rather than smaller pieces of combined phrases (the use of Capitalised words in headings is a problem for other languages that don't use capital letters within a sentence unless it is a proper name).

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson
            Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
            If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
            Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• malmazan
              • Jan 2006
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Anders P
              "Find updated phrases". This let me know what phrases that has been changed since I last edited my translated phrases.
              Unfortunately, I do not translate the admincp phrases (there really should be a separate set of phrases for this), so that feature is not useful.
              Vote for these issues:

Comment

• Anders P
                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by malmazan
                Unfortunately, I do not translate the admincp phrases (there really should be a separate set of phrases for this), so that feature is not useful.
                Well a lot of phrases (unfortunately) are used both in the frontend and Admin CP, so it is sometimes hard to know what phrases that are only used in the frontend. I have always translated everyting (except the help text phrases in AdminCP).

Use something like Beyond compare, than you can easily find out all phrases that are new since your translation (even if you haven't translated them), then do a search for the phrase name in the templates. If you don't find the phrase in the template it is only used in teh Admin CP.

/Anders
                Anders Pettersson
                Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...