X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LWS
    • May 2008
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] cms in root?

only question I have is... If I install the suite in my root directory... how hard will it be to get my posts and user info from my 3.x forum... wich is currently in /forum?
    I would rather have the suite in root than in /forum if at all possible.
  • Arjan
    • Jul 2005

I can understand your feeling. But.... You will loose all your incoming links by moving your forums also out of /forum. I would not want that. Just look in your stats how much of your traffic is coming from direct links. And also Search enginges will have to re-index your site.
    I'd wait for someone to come with a solution to move the CMS to the root. I'm sure someone will come with rewrite rules or something else to manage that.

Comment

• user02934123123
      • Apr 2006
      • 4.1.x

If you want to move your whole setup to the root, just do it and code an .htaccess redirect that points everything from /forum/ to the root. Takes one line of code, and all direct links will continue to function.

Comment

• the geek
        • Jun 2003
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by LWS
        only question I have is... If I install the suite in my root directory... how hard will it be to get my posts and user info from my 3.x forum... wich is currently in /forum?
        I would rather have the suite in root than in /forum if at all possible.
        the vB4 CMS does not have this kind of functionality. As mentioned below, you would need to hack up a solution using rewrites and/or redirects.
        My Twitterings

Comment

• melbo
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by monForum
          If you want to move your whole setup to the root, just do it and code an .htaccess redirect that points everything from /forum/ to the root. Takes one line of code, and all direct links will continue to function.
          Can you give an example of this? Might make a good temporary fix.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...