Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

I believe it was mentioned more than once that the ACP will be redesigned somewhere in the 4.x series. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• VonDoom
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nforums
      Comparing vBulletin to the complexity of either of those projects is a slap in the face. They couldn't have picked a worse analogy to compare their software with.
      "They" didn't a member did, and it was just that an analogy.

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Actually, i'm fairly sure that staff did mention it was going to be redesigned in later point version.

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          I don't disagree that the admincp needs an update, but it is functional.
          Function over style any day!
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• icarusforde
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

Function over style any day!
            Amen. I don't care if the admin CP is in black and white (actually, i do - i like my silver style. ) but as long as it works, i'm a happy chappy.

Comment

• nickp
              • Apr 2008
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
              I don't disagree that the admincp needs an update, but it is functional.
              What are you talking about? The admin CP is awesome.
              A new cool feature would be to be able to set up permissions for admins to access SPECIFIC parts of the vb options page.
              For instance, I want a certain admin be able to edit only a specific settings.

Comment

• bigwater
                • Jan 2007

I've always said that the admincp is lean and mean and doesn't need enough attention to distract developers away from the frontend that our users need. I can fly through the admin cp with hardly any thought whatsoever. However I get lost in the myriad of menus and options and selections and blah blah blah that I see in the IPB boards I have to maintain. Leave the "pretty parts" to the people who have the time. Leave the power users with functional, fast and effective.
                Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• cosy
                  • Jul 2007

this thread is going places and OP dint not point a issue only, OP kinda made the thread for flames

Comment

• Trekkan
                    • Oct 2008

I think functionality I have a lot of what I need in the AdminCP. What it really needs though is a usability overhaul. Designing the UI alone will bring in new ideas/functionality. Anyway, it does what it needs to at the moment, but it's very much an area that could be improved.

Comment

• cbiweb
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.1.x

I believe it was mentioned more than once that the ACP will be redesigned somewhere in the 4.x series. Rome wasn't built in a day.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• nforums
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by VonDoom

Comment

• Kaelon
                          • Jan 2002
                          • 3.6.x

There are widespread confirmed reports that this "gold" release still features hundreds of queries on a simple view request, and dozens of uncached templates. How is this even remotely feasible for public commercial release?

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Kaelon
                            There are widespread confirmed reports that this "gold" release still features hundreds of queries on a simple view request, and dozens of uncached templates. How is this even remotely feasible for public commercial release?
                            Their public announcement explains what they consider gold, vs what the customers are used to.

Comment

• poolking
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by nickp
                              What are you talking about? The admin CP is awesome.
                              A new cool feature would be to be able to set up permissions for admins to access SPECIFIC parts of the vb options page.
                              For instance, I want a certain admin be able to edit only a specific settings.
                              No one is denying the ACP is awesome, very powerful, however there are several things that could be changed from an asthetic point of view and somethings because of the way things are laid out some tasks can take a little longer than they should do, in my opinion anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...