Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GiveMeABreak
    • Aug 2009

[Forum] vB4 Gold - horror

Dear developers, what is this new line of '4. " even where no new admin?
    bugs in Gold as much in beta, how could issue such a final raw product?
  • icarusforde
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

The new ACP is coming in later releases. They were working on frontend things first.

There are bugs in everything - have a look at apache or PHP bug trackers, way more than in vB and that's used to run millions, if not billions, of websites. It's a solid product, and at the speed they are working through bugs, they are onto something good.

Comment

• Marka Ragnos
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.8.x

Actually i think it's a good thing that the acp is not "new"
      We know how it works and where we can find everything
      www.colonial-forces.be

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Darn right. There's enough new stuff to get used to already without having ACP issues as well.

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Marka Ragnos
          good point
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

While the AdminCP can be very daunting for a new comer to the software, and sometimes a bit confusing in general. It works very well, it may not be the prettiest thing iin the package, but is is very functional.

Comment

• user02934123123
              • Apr 2006
              • 4.1.x

Though there is the (very serious) problem with it not reliably rendering in certain webkit environments; meaning that at times it is all but unusable.

Comment

• gersforum
                • Jul 2008
                • 3.6.x

Well.. I'm getting pure stinking errors just uploading the software pah!

I'm sure it'll be fine on upgrade run.. I hope!

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Zachery
                  While the AdminCP can be very daunting for a new comer to the software, and sometimes a bit confusing in general. It works very well, it may not be the prettiest thing iin the package, but is is very functional.
                  To be honest, pretty doesn't count. It's a back-end. It's the usability of it that needs improving. The admincp already supports theming. And I have included the manual theme for example in 3.x and it's still in 4.x Users can just theme it to look as pretty as they want.
                  The usability is lacking, such as a live search box to find options, or features, or a tiered system so you can use tier 1 for management of the forums and users. And a tier 2 for the options and functionality of the forum and a tier 3 that shows everything (like it does now) just without risk of accidentally deleting or mass changing things. And optional tier4 for developers/coders (sorta like debug). Even simple things like re-ordering the left menu so maintenance which i use most often, is at the top and not the bottom. A smart auto order list on the right on the home, etc .. it's lacking all that, making it moreconvineint to work with and easier for newcomers to get familiar with.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by monForum
                    Though there is the (very serious) problem with it not reliably rendering in certain webkit environments; meaning that at times it is all but unusable.
                    Did you report this as a bug? And which certin webkit browsers? I use most major browsers every day to test customers websites and never run into issues.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Did you report this as a bug? And which certin webkit browsers? I use most major browsers every day to test customers websites and never run into issues.
                      Same here, the admincp has been running without browser issues since 2002.

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

I don't disagree that the admincp needs an update, but it is functional.

Comment

• user02934123123
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 4.1.x

Hello Zachery: yes, there's a bug report in there somewhere with my name on it. :-) It's an intermittent problem with non-persistence of the frameset in webkit -- but I stress intermittent, since it doesn't always occur (my primary browser is Safari 4.0.4 for Mac; secondary is Chrome for Windows). I've yet to figure out just which variables cause the problem.

Comment

• nforums
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Comparing vBulletin to the complexity of either of those projects is a slap in the face. They couldn't have picked a worse analogy to compare their software with.

Comment

• ThorstenA
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 4.0.x

I also agree, the admincp is good as it is. I far more like having the developers concentrate on user experience than admin experience.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...