Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stryker412
    I have a small issue. Apparently I was in my live forum's admincp and not the test one when I uninstalled all my products. Is there a way I can get them back by doing a restore of the SQL or some other quick way?
    You can restore the DB if you have a copy but do it quick so you don't lose that many new posts, the files should still be in the FTP unless you deleted them. If for some reason you can't restore simply re-install them and some or all might require setup again and you might also lose any previous data i.e. post thanks or other similar type mods. You could also upload a previous backup and snage the tables from that DB and place into your live forum.. if your not experienced in this then backup the live site now before attempting/tinkering and close the forum while you do it to be safe.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Stryker412
      • May 2005
      • 3.8.x

I finally got it working. I forgot to change the forum path once I did the test folder (whoops). Anyway, I'm having a skin issue.

The menu loads behind the graphic.
      Community Multiplayer Gaming
      www.osfhome.com

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
        • Dec 2006
        • 4.1.x

That is an IE bug.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
          • Sep 2008

I finally got it working. I forgot to change the forum path once I did the test folder (whoops). Anyway, I'm having a skin issue.

The menu loads behind the graphic.
          GLAD you have it working!!! What made it finally work? Let us all know

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
          That is an IE bug.
          I have some here on vb.com using Firefox myself

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Stryker412
            • May 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
            GLAD you have it working!!! What made it finally work? Let us all know

I have some here on vb.com using Firefox myself
            When I upgraded to my test forum, I forgot to change all the paths in the vb settings. They were trying to access the "live" folders.
            www.osfhome.com

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

When I upgraded to my test forum, I forgot to change all the paths in the vb settings. They were trying to access the "live" folders.
              ssshhh, you didn't say that out loud j/k but good for others to see it's a simple mistake anyone can make

Comment

• ChopSuey
                • Apr 2009

ssshhh, you didn't say that out loud j/k but good for others to see it's a simple mistake anyone can make
                Having more than one installation are we?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ak Worm
                  Having more than one installation are we?
                  Stryker, well yes as he said his test installation and you can have that under a folder named vbtest and you have to turn off the forum unless your testing something where it needs to be turned on... basically you can have a test forum or backup in place you just can't start up a whole new community under one license .

And I meant sssh that he simply forgot to change the paths, simple mistake

Comment

• Meestor_X
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.8.x

Many are on hosts where it will not work O.o and best to export from the same system you want to import to versus vB to php MyAdmin etc even though it will work, that's just me IMO.

Everyone else can try it the vB way but I have seen this not work on many sites.
                    I've just noticed that the backup.php from 3.8 still works in 4.0, in that it creates an .sql file that you can download or store on the server.
                    I fully understand that the vb backup system did not work for everyone, but for those that it did, would this .php still be compatible and work properly with the 4.0 database?
                    'cause it sure is EASY!!!
                    -Andy.
                    http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
                    http://www.mindplacesupport.com

Comment

• Stryker412
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.8.x

TLS, is there a way for me to set it so a certain usergroup can use the forums when it's closed other than administrators? I have a group of about 12 people I want to test vb4 with, and I don't need them having access to the admincp.
                      www.osfhome.com

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                        • Sep 2008

TLS, is there a way for me to set it so a certain usergroup can use the forums when it's closed other than administrators? I have a group of about 12 people I want to test vb4 with, and I don't need them having access to the admincp.
                        I know there was a mod for use with the 3.x series IF I remember correctly but I don't know of a mod out yet for 4.0 so I would say no... and besides that's borderline license bending if not breaking right there basically it's for you to check out only imo... I would dare to say if you were an owner with 10 admins then that would be fine... 10 moderators then no so if they never had admin nows not the time to give it for this as it should be the decision makers seeing the "test" site but again and with everything, that is strictly imo.

Mike

Comment

• jkajfes
                          • Dec 2009

Mike,
                          an acknowledgment of the work you've done here. Thank You... a grateful newbie...
                          regards
                          jk

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jkajfes
                            Mike,
                            an acknowledgment of the work you've done here. Thank You... a grateful newbie...
                            regards
                            jk
                            I have been witness to some fantastic sites and their members disappear over night and never come back because a few simple things were not done on a regular basis .

As long as your happy and confident you have a good backup with the ability to restore if needed is all that matters .

Mike

Comment

• assaf
                              • Aug 2007

Fatal error when upgrading to vb4

Step 7) Merge template changes
                              Merged template successfully: memberinfo_css (style: 1)
                              Merged template successfully: ad_navbar_below (style: 2)

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 53739520) (tried to allocate 2140 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/upload/includes/class_diff.php on line 146

how i fix this ?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by assaf
                                Fatal error when upgrading to vb4

Step 7) Merge template changes
                                Merged template successfully: memberinfo_css (style: 1)
                                Merged template successfully: ad_navbar_below (style: 2)

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 53739520) (tried to allocate 2140 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/upload/includes/class_diff.php on line 146

how i fix this ?
                                Who is your host? GoDaddy?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...