Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Meestor_X
    The article is talking about backing up the v3.x database. The menu is there in v3.x, just wondering why not use it?
    I see what you mean, I was thinking 4.0 but 3.x has it there, we were losing each other see below

Originally posted by NewbieGuy
    On Number 3.)

Where exactly do you type define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); You said "the top below <php? "

Sorry if I sound dumb but is it the top or below of <php?

Most importantly. Where is the config.php file?

Thank you.
    Make a copy of the config file first before you edit it. It's below the <php?, it's the first line in the file paste it below now save the file and upload. The config.php file is located in your includes folder so
    Code:
    www.yoursite.com/forums/includes/config.php
    Originally posted by avitor
    where
    This is where we lost avitor, Meestor_X .

avitor has something gone wrong I take it from your post? If so you just need to import the backed up DB and upload the backed up files and your done. phpmyadmin, BIGDUMP, MySQL Dumper, or your host can do the backup restore. You can upload the files via your CPanel or if you don't have it via the provided FTP account from whatever setup your host provides. Unless you want to hire someone experienced I suggest you carefully read the info, take your time and don't become frustrated google it someone has been frustrated before and posted their explanation of how to make it work. Look for what you need to make it work
    Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Sat 14 Nov '09, 10:47pm.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• avitor
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
      There's an EXPORT and IMPORT option in phpMyAdmin look for it in yours, some host though have timeouts or limited sessions in place so you attempting will not work unless you use something like BIGDUMP. Here is some more info on automated backups which has links for BIGDUMP so you can upload a large Database.

XOOPS CMS is an extensible, OO (Object Oriented), easy to use dynamic web content management system (CMS) written in PHP. XOOPS is the ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more.

From that page, credit to XOOPS see post for details on author:

If it's getting to you that bad and you can't wait simply contact your host and ask for their assistance.

problem

BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer v0.31b

Database connection failed due to Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
      Edit the database settings in /home/---------------/-----------/html/mainline.co.il/dump/bigdump.php or contact your database provider.
      Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)
      © 2003-2009 Alexey Ozerov
      http://www.horadot.co.za

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

problem

Database connection failed due to Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
        Edit the database settings in /home/---------------/-----------/html/mainline.co.il/dump/bigdump.php or contact your database provider.
        Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)
        © 2003-2009 Alexey Ozerov
        From the looks of the error it seems you have not entered in all the corretc info perhaps? I have not used BigDump in quite a while I'll have to hunt down my old files and look into it or DL the newest but this speaks to me:

Edit the database settings in /home/---------------/-----------/html/mainline.co.il/dump/bigdump.php
        Some of this will look similar to the info entered into your config.php file so compare it some of it will want the address like the forum folder in the config. Maybe part of the problem is the mainline.co.il in the address is there another name it uses you have seen somewhere else for that? I'll check mor einto this tomorrow but for now see if all the settings are done correctly.

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• avitor
          • Jun 2007

hi again
          i fix the configuration of this file by change the host name
          and now is a difrent problem

is say i can upload only 8 mb file size

No uploaded files found in the working directory
          You can now upload your dump file up to 8388608 bytes (8 Mbytes) directly from your browser to the server. Alternatively you can upload your dump files of any size via FTP
          my buckup file size is 136 mb

i have flshfxp program
          wher to upload the buckup fle to server?
          thanks
          Last edited by avitor; Tue 24 Nov '09, 12:37am.

Comment

• trilogy33
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by NewbieGuy
            On Number 3.)

Where exactly do you type define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); You said "the top below <php? "

Sorry if I sound dumb but is it the top or below of <php?

Most importantly. Where is the config.php file?

Thank you.
            Below the <php? line

config.php is in your includes folder

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

hi again
              i fix the configuration of this file by change the host name
              and now is a difrent problem

is say i can upload only 8 mb file size

my buckup file size is 136 mb

i have flshfxp program
              wher to upload the buckup fle to server?
              thanks
              FTP, Filezilla is a good program so it means take the .sql backup file you have on your computer and upload it to the bigdump folder, again it's been a while since I used bigdump but you should just upload the backup.sql file, just drop it into your forum root or the new bigdump folder you made after you log into FTP. Then choose to import it from the server and your 8mb+ file will be pulled from there instead of you trying to upload from your computer .

Comment

• avitor
                • Jun 2007

now i have this warning

Processing file: 10.6.166.194.sql
                Starting from line: 1

Error at the line 21: CREATE DATABASE `akotel` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
                Query: --
                --
                CREATE DATABASE `akotel` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

MySQL: Access denied for user '========@'%' to database '======'
                Stopped on error

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                  • Sep 2008

now i have this warning
                  Be sure you have the correct Database USER and PASSWORD entered in.. before you did the upgrade your DB had a user and password assigned, you can view which users in cPanel and then simply assign the same user to the emoty Databse with the same name your attempting to restore then give it a go .

Comment

• bforum
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 4.0.x

thanks but will w8 for the gold release its hard enough as it is for me

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bforum
                      thanks but will w8 for the gold release its hard enough as it is for me
                      You don't have to wait to test drive it

Just don't upgrade your LIVE board, install it in a "vbtest" directory and close the forum, admins can still login and you can checkout the admin panel and other behind the scenes stuff to become more familiar until the gold release .

Mike

Comment

• avitor
                        • Jun 2007

Be sure you have the correct Database USER and PASSWORD entered in.. before you did the upgrade your DB had a user and password assigned, you can view which users in cPanel and then simply assign the same user to the emoty Databse with the same name your attempting to restore then give it a go .

do i nead thepassword from my admin the one i registe the ferst user on the new site?
                        or the assword from my old database ?

where i nead to shange the password and the yuser?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                          • Sep 2008

do i nead thepassword from my admin the one i registe the ferst user on the new site?
                          or the assword from my old database ?

where i nead to shange the password and the yuser?
                          Well I never found out what you had.. Cpanel? If so you should see a spot for MySQL Databases where you can assign a user to a DB, you need to assign the same user that is associated with the old DB to the new DB... it should be the same old user and password from the config file you just need to assign it to the new database and give it's name in the config file a few lines up before it asks for the user and password

Comment

• avitor
                            • Jun 2007

Well I never found out what you had.. Cpanel? If so you should see a spot for MySQL Databases where you can assign a user to a DB, you need to assign the same user that is associated with the old DB to the new DB... it should be the same old user and password from the config file you just need to assign it to the new database and give it's name in the config file a few lines up before it asks for the user and password
                            i still not andrstund-sory
                            all 2 databases old and new - the nead to be same user and pass ?-and te config file to?
                            do i nead change the pass and user here to ? bigdump.php

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                              • Sep 2008

i still not andrstund-sory
                              all 2 databases old and new - the nead to be same user and pass ?-and te config file to?
                              do i nead change the pass and user here to ? bigdump.php
                              It's ok, some of this can become very confusing!

1. You created an empty database.
                              2. Now you must upload the backup file and "populate" your new database.
                              3. Now assign a user and password to that database via Cpanel under MySQL databases. That username and password needs to be entered into the config,php file along w/ the new DB name itself .

I do however need to confirm you have Cpanel! Do you know what Cpanel is answer me that and if no then how do you access your site behind the scenes??

Comment

• avitor
                                • Jun 2007

Now assign a user and password to that database via Cpanel under MySQL databases
                                you mean to admin controlpenel ? or to phpmayadmin control panel?
                                OR TO HOSTING CONTROL PANEL?

if you mean the user and pass neads to be same in config file and the database of the new site
                                its like this-pass and user are same in config.php and in database of the site

i have hosting control panel
                                and flashfxp what i login to my server with
                                and admin panel
                                Last edited by avitor; Sun 15 Nov '09, 2:10pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...