X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Grigoratos
    • Oct 2018
    • 4.2.x

data base error - upgrading to 4.2.5

Hi my site is down and have had the hosting company do a restore but i am still getting a database error on the homepage

yet i can access http://www.miwasa.com/forum/forum.php

here is the email i get for the database errors

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT a.attachmentid, fd.userid, fd.filedataid, a.userid AS auserid, a.contenttypeid
    FROM attachment AS a
    LEFT JOIN filedata AS fd ON (a.filedataid = fd.filedataid)
    WHERE a.contentid IN (1994) AND a.contenttypeid = 1;

MySQL Error : Table './miwasaco_forums/filedata' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
    Error Number : 144
    Request Date : Friday, October 26th 2018 @ 12:54:38 AM
    Error Date : Friday, October 26th 2018 @ 12:54:38 AM
    Script : http://www.miwasa.com/forum/inlinemo...=&postids=1994
    Referrer : http://www.miwasa.com/forum/login.php?do=login
    IP Address : 59.102.55.109
    Username : phat
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    MySQL Version : 5.6.41-84.1
    Server : 108.167.152.131
    User Agent :

Stack Trace:

#0 vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1395
    #1 vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 461
    #2 vB_Database->query_read() called in [path]/includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 382
    #3 vB_DataManager_AttachData->pre_delete() called in [path]/includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 603
    #4 vB_DataManager_Attachment->pre_delete() called in [path]/includes/class_dm_attachment.php on line 612
    #5 vB_DataManager_Attachment->delete() called in [path]/includes/functions_databuild.php on line 1217
    #6 delete_thread() called in [path]/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php on line 1568
    #7 vB_DataManager_Thread->delete() called in [path]/includes/functions_databuild.php on line 1382
    #8 delete_post() called in [path]/includes/class_dm_threadpost.php on line 1023
    #9 vB_DataManager_Post->delete() called in [path]/inlinemod.php on line 3520

i have uploaded the 4.2.5 files but the upgrade script gives me a database error almost instantly

i am prepared to pay to have it fixed
  • Mike Grigoratos
    • Oct 2018
    • 4.2.x

is there no help for this ? i have been loyal with Vb since 2007 and have multiple licenses been around since 3.8.x and the upgrade to 4 was easy, i am not a programmer and know nothing about coding and all i wanted was to update to 4.2.5 so i didn't have issues, now there are issues and the powers that be ignore them - even if one of you guru's have a look and say it will work if i upgrade to 5 or some sort of kick in the right direction would be much appreciated as i don't know your product like you do !
    Last edited by Mike Grigoratos; Thu 1 Nov '18, 2:29pm. Reason: to have a rant

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You need to have the filedata table repaired. You can attempt this in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables. If that doesn't fix the table, you'll have to talk to your hosting provider to repair the table.

Once you repair the table, you need to run the upgrade script that came with 4.2.5.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
        • Oct 2018
        • 4.2.x

alright, the hosting company have run a repair on the tables but i have not done one through the admincp.

After they repaired the tables and it didn't work they came back with this

Hello,
        It appears that your issue is a code/database scripting issue and you will need to reach out to a vbulletin developer for further support as we do not provide support for your software.
        We appreciate your business and value your loyalty. If you have any other questions or concerns please utilize our help center here https://my.bluehost.com/hosting/help or contact support at 844-303-1810.
        Regards,
        Erik
        Technical Support

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Ah, the good old "hosts blaming the software" excuse.
          Ask your host what exactly they have seen that points to a 'code/scripting issue'. As for them to say that, they must have either seen a specific error or analysed the code.
          Frankly, the fact that they've tried to palm you off with this excuse, when the software runs on multiple thousands of sites without issue, shows that they fail to understand either the software or the nature of the database error, and I'd be looking for a more competent host quickly.

Anyway, as regards the actual issue....Please try repairing this table from the admincp yourself.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
            • Oct 2018
            • 4.2.x

the table won't repair, when i push continue nothing happens

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
              • Oct 2018
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
              Ah, the good old "hosts blaming the software" excuse.
              Ask your host what exactly they have seen that points to a 'code/scripting issue'. As for them to say that, they must have either seen a specific error or analysed the code.
              Frankly, the fact that they've tried to palm you off with this excuse, when the software runs on multiple thousands of sites without issue, shows that they fail to understand either the software or the nature of the database error, and I'd be looking for a more competent host quickly.

Anyway, as regards the actual issue....Please try repairing this table from the admincp yourself.
              i am with bluehost, i will get back into contact with them

like i said i been with Vb a long time and have never had this sort of issue

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
                • Oct 2018
                • 4.2.x

i have no idea what any of this means?

Originally posted by bluehost

I'm following case 08467385 regarding issue with Database Connection error on miwasa.com. On reviewing I found that your site Database miwasaco_forums which has a table named as : filedata is crashed due to which a error is kicked out by the server as Database error.

Looking over your issue, unfortunately I am here to inform you we do not provide support for vBulletin while we allow any builder or program to be uploaded to our server that does not contain malware we do not necessarily provide troubleshooting for those programs. In other words, you may use vBulletin on our servers but we do not troubleshoot vBulletin. However, I do understand you do need help and I went to the internet to find some helpful articles on repairing the database error for vBulletin onto your server.

Login to as SSH to your account through a third party SSH client such as PUTTY:

You will need to enter: mysql -u miwasaco -p

[email protected] [~]# mysql -u miwasaco -p

Enter the main password for your hosting account.

You would see something like:
                mysql>
                Now run the following commands so that we repair the table which is marked as crash.

mysql> connect miwasaco_forums

mysql> select * from filedata limit 1;
                ( you would see a bunch of error displayed)

mysql> repair table filedata;

And then to confirm run the same query:

mysql> select * from filedata limit 1;
                mysql>exit
                and that would fix your database error.

If you have any additional questions or concerns that have not yet been addressed, please feel free to let us know!

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mike Grigoratos
                  the table won't repair, when i push continue nothing happens
                  It isn't instant and depending on the size of the table, you need to give it quite some time.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

i am with bluehost, i will get back into contact with them

like i said i been with Vb a long time and have never had this sort of issue
                    It isn't a fault with vBulletin. It's a crashed database table. The table needs to be repaired.
                    vBulletin provides functionality within the admincp to repair crashed tables, or it can be done from the command line or from phpMyAdmin, if your host provides that.

MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

i have no idea what any of this means?

It's generally correct but if you run the repair tool in the admincp then it shouldn't be needed, since it's essentially the same thing.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
                        • Oct 2018
                        • 4.2.x

It isn't instant and depending on the size of the table, you need to give it quite some time.
                        okay i'll be patient but with my site down for 2 months the patients gets thin :P

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
                          • Oct 2018
                          • 4.2.x

It isn't a fault with vBulletin. It's a crashed database table. The table needs to be repaired.
                          vBulletin provides functionality within the admincp to repair crashed tables, or it can be done from the command line or from phpMyAdmin, if your host provides that.
                          i also know its not an issue with Vb but i've going around in circles with them

Comment

• Mike Grigoratos
                            • Oct 2018
                            • 4.2.x

It's generally correct but if you run the repair tool in the admincp then it shouldn't be needed, since it's essentially the same thing.
                            all right so after clicking continue and being patient i have got this

Originally posted by admincp
                            405 Not Allowed

nginx/1.14.0

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

all right so after clicking continue and being patient i have got this
                              405 Not Allowed

nginx/1.14.0
                              Host is blocking something then.

Does your hosting control panel give you access to phpMyAdmin?
                              MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------

Comment