Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ctrenks
    • Aug 2007

4.2.4 to 4.2.5 FIles changed list

Is there document of changed files, and can I upgrade without altering the templates as I have all css / java in a single files at the header / footer now, no longer using generated css and multiple files.

Also have a few sight mods in global.,php
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Templates are stored in the database. Updating the files provided will not affect the templates. When we import any updated templates, we attempt to merge them in. If we cannot, then the merge fails and we tell you this.

For javascript files, you would have to rebuild your single file. Same with your CSS. vBulletin does not use Java.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ctrenks
      • Aug 2007

CSS files should be fine as they are if no template changes are used.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The upgrade will generate new CSS files when the Style is imported. It just happens.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ctrenks
          • Aug 2007

Right, but I removed the use of them in the template and just use my consolidated file. so they should not come back as header & headerinclude will not update

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Sure... Any bug fixes applied to CSS will also not be applied. Since your site seems to be highly customized and you're loading CSS that doesn't need to be loaded on every page (why we break it up and it is cached by the browser so has little effect on performance but...)

You'll have to use file compare utility to provide a list of the differences in files. Every single file is updated in every single version. We do not support partial upgrades where only some of the files are uploaded to a server.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ctrenks
              • Aug 2007

One error I tried to wipe out with the upfgrade is the BBCode depricated error : PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated , from /includes/class_bbcode.php(597)

Is this not updated in 4.2.5?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                Wayne Luke commented
                Editing a comment
                That modifier was removed from vBulletin in vBulletin 4.2.3 for PHP 5.5 support. The most likely cause of the error on your site is an addon that has not been upgraded.
            • Ctrenks
              • Aug 2007

Also, I tried switching to PHP 7.0.3 And forum has :

Code:
              Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() on line 729 in /home/allfreec/public_html/phpBB2/includes/functions.php
              #0 /home//public_html/p/includes/functions_forumlist.php(281): fetch_censored_text('Hey Guys')
              #1 /home//public_html/p/includes/functions_forumlist.php(230): construct_forum_bit('4', 2, 0)
              #2 /home//public_html/p/forum.php(611): construct_forum_bit(-1)
              #3 /home//public_html/p/index.php(43): require('/home/allfreec/...')
              #4 /home//public_html/p2/vbseo.php(1397): require('/home/allfreec/...')
              #5 /home//public_html/p/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php(80): include('/home/allfreec/...')
              #6 {main}
              removed home dir

Comment

• Ctrenks
              • Aug 2007

Thanks Wayne, I will begin disabling mods to try and locate the cause of the e/ modifier and then research the PHP libs

Comment

• Ctrenks
                • Aug 2007

Was a few outdated mods, all cleaned up and operating now. Thanks for all your help

Comment